Classy looking IEMs that are great value for money.
- Stylish design, good sound quality
- Highs seem somewhat recessed
Another good quality pair of IEMs; the Philips SHE9620s present a relatively neutral sound at an affordable price.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listening experience; and they do a good job of it. If you want a slightly more accurate listening experience they are a good option, particularly if you're on a budget.
The bass is much less booming on these headphones. They still present a slightly warm tone, but the bass isn't as slow and doesn't extend as deeply. It was reasonably detailed and was balanced well with the other ranges.
The mid-range was detailed and crisp. We'd have preferred a little more separation between the individual parts of the sound but the laid back, smooth presentation will definitely suit some users.
We found the treble notes had a similar texture: smooth and liquid but never verging on bright or harsh. They were reasonably rich and sweet but were slightly recessed compared to the mid-range.
The soundstage was about what we expect from headphones in this price range: immersive enough but nothing spectacular. The overall presentation is suitable for a huge variety of music, making these a great pair of headphones for day-to-day use.
As they're IEMs, they slide into your ear canal rather than just resting in the outer ear. This has the effect of isolating you from external sound to some degree. They don't do as good of a job as some other units we've tested, but this is because they're fairly small. On the plus side, this makes them comfortable to wear, even for long listening sessions.
The other interesting thing about these headphones is the design. They look a little different from the standard black or gunmetal-coloured earbuds we normally look at. Their crystal colour scheme certainly stands out.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitness and The Wearable
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- FTSpatial AnalystVIC
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst x 2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- CCData ScientistACT
- FTResident EngineerOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSAP SD/EDI Support ConsultantOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Data and Information MangementQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Operations Consultant (Banking exp a must!)VIC