Classy looking IEMs that are great value for money.
- Stylish design, good sound quality
- Highs seem somewhat recessed
Another good quality pair of IEMs; the Philips SHE9620s present a relatively neutral sound at an affordable price.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listening experience; and they do a good job of it. If you want a slightly more accurate listening experience they are a good option, particularly if you're on a budget.
The bass is much less booming on these headphones. They still present a slightly warm tone, but the bass isn't as slow and doesn't extend as deeply. It was reasonably detailed and was balanced well with the other ranges.
The mid-range was detailed and crisp. We'd have preferred a little more separation between the individual parts of the sound but the laid back, smooth presentation will definitely suit some users.
We found the treble notes had a similar texture: smooth and liquid but never verging on bright or harsh. They were reasonably rich and sweet but were slightly recessed compared to the mid-range.
The soundstage was about what we expect from headphones in this price range: immersive enough but nothing spectacular. The overall presentation is suitable for a huge variety of music, making these a great pair of headphones for day-to-day use.
As they're IEMs, they slide into your ear canal rather than just resting in the outer ear. This has the effect of isolating you from external sound to some degree. They don't do as good of a job as some other units we've tested, but this is because they're fairly small. On the plus side, this makes them comfortable to wear, even for long listening sessions.
The other interesting thing about these headphones is the design. They look a little different from the standard black or gunmetal-coloured earbuds we normally look at. Their crystal colour scheme certainly stands out.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FT.Net - Sitecore DeveloperQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTProject SchedulersQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt ? 6 month contractVIC
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTSAP Business AnalystOther