Pinnacle Liquid 6
Definitely the most powerful integrated video editing package available at this price, but still a tough challenge for the newcomer
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Liquid Edition 6 is Pinnacle's video editing package for the studio professional or serious video hobbyist. Although undeniably powerful, it's previously been criticised for poor usability but Pinnacle has taken steps to improve this situation by (finally) adding a Windows-like interface option to help ease the learning curve a little.
As far as the features are concerned, there are some exciting new additions to an already impressive list. The first of these is support for high-definition video (HDV) right out of the box; though you'll need a gutsy PC to even consider using this feature (2.8GHz for 720p, and dual 3GHz for 1080i HDV). Thanks to SmartEdit, standard definition content can be mixed with HDV on the timeline, as well as varying codecs and broadcast standards, while SmartRT still allows you to split the effects processing workload between your CPU and your graphics card for real-time previews.
Also new is the excellent new Multicam feature, which lets you switch between up to 16 synchronised camera sources, building on the timecode synchronisation feature of previous versions.
Collaborative workers will appreciate tools like network communication and storage, and tools like Xsend which lets you dump projects out to external applications with minimum fuss. Individual users will appreciate the task wizards and support for Pinnacle Studio projects, while both will benefit from InstantSave and background rendering - two of Liquid Edition's best features.
Admittedly, it's still a challenge to get to grips with, and the integrated DVD authoring isn't as advanced as some discrete editors, but there's nothing on the market that offers such a range of features for this kind of money.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplications Project ManagerACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-level UX DesignerOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- CCProgram Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - APS 6ACT
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- TPImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW