Pioneer BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
A feature-packed Pioneer Blu-ray disc player that can play 3D movies and be controlled with an iPhone
- 3D Blu-ray playback, iPhone control via Pioneer's iControlAV app
- More expensive than competing models from Sony, LG and Panasonic
Pioneer's BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player offers enviable ability to be controlled via your iPhone and a Pioneer app. It's a bit expensive when directly compared to similarly specced units from Panasonic, Sony and LG but if you're hooking up a high-end home cinema the small price difference shouldn't be a concern.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer BDP-340 isn't the company's most expensive Blu-ray disc player — that honour goes to the $4999 BDP-LX91 — but it's still chock-full of high-end circuitry and wizardry. As well as playing back 3D Blu-ray movies, the Pioneer BDP-430 can be controlled with an iPhone using Pioneer's iControlAV app.
The iControlAV app gives Pioneer a definite advantage over competitive products from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG. If you've got an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you can download the app and use it whenever the remote control goes missing.
There's a lot to control, as well. The Pioneer BDP-430 should be able to handle any Blu-ray disc you throw at it, including any 3D content. There's an Ethernet port for DLNA and Internet connection, as well as an optional Wi-Fi adapter, and USB connectivity for playback of video, photo and audio files.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- FTSenior DBAOther
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- CCSAP CRM, ABAP, FIORI & UI5 ResourcesVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther