Pioneer BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
A feature-packed Pioneer Blu-ray disc player that can play 3D movies and be controlled with an iPhone
- 3D Blu-ray playback, iPhone control via Pioneer's iControlAV app
- More expensive than competing models from Sony, LG and Panasonic
Pioneer's BDP-340 3D Blu-ray player offers enviable ability to be controlled via your iPhone and a Pioneer app. It's a bit expensive when directly compared to similarly specced units from Panasonic, Sony and LG but if you're hooking up a high-end home cinema the small price difference shouldn't be a concern.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer BDP-340 isn't the company's most expensive Blu-ray disc player — that honour goes to the $4999 BDP-LX91 — but it's still chock-full of high-end circuitry and wizardry. As well as playing back 3D Blu-ray movies, the Pioneer BDP-430 can be controlled with an iPhone using Pioneer's iControlAV app.
The iControlAV app gives Pioneer a definite advantage over competitive products from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG. If you've got an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you can download the app and use it whenever the remote control goes missing.
There's a lot to control, as well. The Pioneer BDP-430 should be able to handle any Blu-ray disc you throw at it, including any 3D content. There's an Ethernet port for DLNA and Internet connection, as well as an optional Wi-Fi adapter, and USB connectivity for playback of video, photo and audio files.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIP Communications EngineerOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTririga DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTPaid Search StrategistOther
- FTJava Developer - Foreign ExchangeOther
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTTest Manager - "ieMR"/ "Cerner Millennium Product Suite"Other
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistQLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- FTInfrastructure Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - Role based in PerthVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- TPTechnical Support OfficerVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTData AnalystVIC
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther