Pioneer Computers Australia Power Notebook 470K
Pioneer Power Notebook 470K
- Digital TV tuner
- It's heavy
A nice laptop but a little on the heavy side.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer Power Notebook 470K is bundled with a USB-based standard definition digital TV tuner and remote. Cyberlink PowerCinema 3 is supplied, complete with its own remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music. Such features, combined with the 470K's ability to use your TV as a display (using its S-Video TV-out), make for an almost Media Center PC-like experience.
This hefty, 4.1kg notebook features a 17" display, capable of a resolution or 2048 x 1536. It has a 128MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon graphics controller. The 470K also includes a 640 x 480 CCD Web camera integrated into the bezel. The notebook's multi-card reader helps get photos from your digital camera.
The 470K comes with Easy CD/DVD creator and Power DVD for watching movies, plus WordPerfect Office for productivity.
It has 5.1 channel S/PDIF audio output. At the time of writing, Pioneer was also including a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers in the bundle. Pioneer was also offering a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive. The 470K includes standard connectivity options such as Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem. Wi-Fi is optional.
The AMD Athlon64-M 3400+ processor operates in conjunction with 512MB of DDR SDRAM and a 60GB hard disk.
A one-year on-site (one year parts, three years labour) warranty is standard, with optional upgrades available.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Customer Centric ContentQLD
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- CCApplication Support Developer - .Net & SQLWA
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCService ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTLead ETL DeveloperOther
- FTContent Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTContract Obligations Manager - Telco - 2 year Max Term - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Cisco)NSW
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperQLD
- TPUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Consultant AIXOther
- CCTalend Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management Technical DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectWA