CCleaner doesn't try to be a comprehensive answer to system performance.
- Won't suit people looking for a comprehensive answer to system performance
If you want a package that will do it all, this isn't it. If you just want to get the junk off of your hard drive and out of your Registry, CCleaner will do it -- for free.
CCleaner doesn't try to be a comprehensive answer to system performance. Instead, it's a freeware solution intended to clean junk out of your PC's registry and off your disk. It will also protect your browsing privacy by erasing your browser's history files. That's it.
What's nice about CCleaner is that it just does what it says. You don't have to deal with functions you don't need, and won't get lost in complexity.
With CCleaner, you load the program, run an analysis to see what the program thinks you can do without, make any changes, and let it go. It's fast and effective.
However, you do have to know something about Windows. For example, CCleaner will clear out all cookies that websites place on your computer, and it will give you a list of proposed deletions that you can edit. However, you need to know which cookies are important.
It's a long list, but fortunately, CCleaner remembers your choices from one use to the next.
CCleaner is able to analyse your registry and remove unwanted entries. Like other products here, it didn't get everything on the first pass - CCleaner found 1029 registry issues, but it took three passes to do so.
Unlike others, CCleaner doesn't provide a report of exactly how much it found, although it does tell you what it proposes to do, and later what it did, useful in case something goes wrong.
CCleaner has capabilities that you won't find in other packages, including the ability to run the program from the command line and to run in the background.
CCleaner also includes a software uninstaller. Microsoft includes an Add or Remove Programs option in Windows' Control Panel. But CCleaner will uninstall programs that Windows won't - a real help when a program is partially uninstalled and leaves junk behind in its wake. The interface isn't fancy, but it is clear.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple OpportunitiesOther
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- TPBI Project ManagerQLD
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC
- CCPartner Marketing ManagerNSW
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- TPRelease CoordinatorNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC