Plantronics .Audio 350 PC gaming headset
An average budget PC communications and music headset from Plantronics.
- Low price, modern design
- Flimsy construction, mediocre sound
For the low price, the Plantronics .Audio 350 PC communications headset provides decent sound quality. This pair of headphones is acceptable for voice communication and limited music listening, but you won’t be blown away with the sound quality in games and movies.
Price$ 44.95 (AUD)
The Plantronics .Audio 350 PC communications headset is a budget pair of headphones with an integrated noise-cancelling microphone. The headset's low price tag shows in the sub-par construction, and the sound quality is not awe-inspiring. However for the price it is a good purchase, beating other low-end models in terms of design and features.
You can’t really expect the world from headphones that have a street price that is less than a music CD; this is certainly true of the Plantronics .Audio 350. It's a little flimsy, with the headband constructed out of the same thin plastic as the ear-cups (which sit on your ears and block out a small amount of outside noise). We doubt the headset will break easily, but twisting the headband makes the headphones creak and this may be distracting during wear.
The ear pads are soft and well-cushioned though, while the design of the headphones is modern and stylish. The swing-down noise-cancelling microphone is solidly constructed and functions well. It may not be exceptionally clear, but the noise cancelling does a good job of blocking out ambient noise. It’s more than capable for Skype conversations and multi-player PC gaming.
Sound quality from the Plantronics .Audio 350 headset is acceptable, with treble, bass and mid-range frequencies all decently represented. The problem with using this headset for gaming or movie-watching is the low maximum volume of the headphones. We found that whenever volume was higher than a moderate listening level, bass was prone to distortion and treble became harsh and scratchy.
If you only intend to use this headset for voice communication and listening to music or gaming at moderate volumes, it will serve acceptably. More enthusiastic listeners should steer clear, though.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- FTSAP Data AnalystOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst- UX, wireframes, AgileOther
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEllipse DeveloperQLD
- FTPerformance EngineerOther
- FTWorkspace/ Workplace Lead/ Manager - ABW environmentOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC