MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
Plantronics .Audio 770
- Great design, excellent sound quality, noise-cancelling microphone.
- Periodic minor muffling of voice over the microphone.
The Plantronics .Audio 770 is an excellent set of PC headphones that's sure to impress.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics .Audio 770 is designed with gamers in mind. It is lightweight, comfortable and delivers excellent audio. The noise-cancelling microphone does a good job of blocking out a fair amount of ambient noise but tends to sound a little muddy at times.
The .Audio 770 is big and bulky. It has a metal fixed framework connecting the two earpieces while a second soft headband makes direct contact with the head. Each earpiece is square with plush cups made from similar materials. They are technically an open-ear design but when in use, much of the exterior sound is blocked out quite well regardless. Outside noises can still be heard though, just with reduced volume -- these certainly are not noise-cancelling headphones. This makes them good for gaming situations where you need to devise strategies with team mates in the same room.
The unit is extremely comfortable to use and the microphone is fixed in place for optimal positioning. Since the microphone boom cannot be twisted, the microphone will always be pointed directly at the mouth though it can be extended for those that require it. We ran tests to check the sound quality and were more than pleased with the results. The microphone picked up voice well and the headphones produced clear sound without error. The only problem we encountered were moments where the microphone audio sounded a little muddy. It wasn't a constant issue, just at random intervals when the spoken words come out a little too distant for our liking.
The box and marketing materials state that these headphones have a "Digitally-enhanced virtual surround sound" feature but this seems to be marketing speak rather than an actual feature. No drivers are included with the headphones to power our USB enhanced sound experience and since there is no manual that explains what this term means, we are forced to give up attempting to test it.
We were very happy with the performance of the 770s. They offer excellent sound, good voice capture and are comfortable to use. There isn't much more you could want in a set of headphones. It comes in two versions, both of which have regular 3.5mm jacks but the second version comes with a USB adapter which you insert the 3.5mm plugs directly into. The cable length is good and the price point is what you would expect for a pair of headphones of this quality.
If you are in the market for a new set of PC gaming headphones, give the Plantronics .Audio 770 a try.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel Buds (2020) review: Course correction
- 2 Jabra Evolve2 85 review: Learning the right lessons
- 3 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 4 Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- 5 Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
Latest News Articles
- Razer revive Blackshark esports headset
- Best Click Frenzy Deals: Bose, Telstra, TPG and More
- Panasonic update headphone range with new true wireless options
- Google's revamped Pixel Buds are now available in Australia
- Apple simplifies switching and beefs up sound quality in upcoming AirPods update
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?