Plantronics .Audio 770
- Great design, excellent sound quality, noise-cancelling microphone.
- Periodic minor muffling of voice over the microphone.
The Plantronics .Audio 770 is an excellent set of PC headphones that's sure to impress.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics .Audio 770 is designed with gamers in mind. It is lightweight, comfortable and delivers excellent audio. The noise-cancelling microphone does a good job of blocking out a fair amount of ambient noise but tends to sound a little muddy at times.
The .Audio 770 is big and bulky. It has a metal fixed framework connecting the two earpieces while a second soft headband makes direct contact with the head. Each earpiece is square with plush cups made from similar materials. They are technically an open-ear design but when in use, much of the exterior sound is blocked out quite well regardless. Outside noises can still be heard though, just with reduced volume -- these certainly are not noise-cancelling headphones. This makes them good for gaming situations where you need to devise strategies with team mates in the same room.
The unit is extremely comfortable to use and the microphone is fixed in place for optimal positioning. Since the microphone boom cannot be twisted, the microphone will always be pointed directly at the mouth though it can be extended for those that require it. We ran tests to check the sound quality and were more than pleased with the results. The microphone picked up voice well and the headphones produced clear sound without error. The only problem we encountered were moments where the microphone audio sounded a little muddy. It wasn't a constant issue, just at random intervals when the spoken words come out a little too distant for our liking.
The box and marketing materials state that these headphones have a "Digitally-enhanced virtual surround sound" feature but this seems to be marketing speak rather than an actual feature. No drivers are included with the headphones to power our USB enhanced sound experience and since there is no manual that explains what this term means, we are forced to give up attempting to test it.
We were very happy with the performance of the 770s. They offer excellent sound, good voice capture and are comfortable to use. There isn't much more you could want in a set of headphones. It comes in two versions, both of which have regular 3.5mm jacks but the second version comes with a USB adapter which you insert the 3.5mm plugs directly into. The cable length is good and the price point is what you would expect for a pair of headphones of this quality.
If you are in the market for a new set of PC gaming headphones, give the Plantronics .Audio 770 a try.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Google finally bring the Pixel Buds to Australia
- Bose announce local availability and pricing for SoundSport Free true wireless earbuds
- Jabra confirm ANZ pricing and availability for Evolve 75e headphones
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTSenior SQL Server Infrastructure Engineer/DBAOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTPublic Cloud Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation Tester - MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLEQLD
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCBRM Developer - Billing and ReportingVIC
- TPManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTMS Azure Senior EngineerOther
- TPSenior Program OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst Business Intelligence QlikVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther