Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset
This chunky Bluetooth headset won't suit everyone, but it provides outstanding audio quality.
- Impressive build quality, great audio quality, boom microphone, comfortable
- Chunky design, multipoint Bluetooth is limited
Its chunky and unappealing design won't suit everyone, but the Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset provides outstanding audio quality.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Plantronics' Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset won't win any awards for its design, but it offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro is one of the larger Bluetooth headsets on the market, so it isn't very discreet when you're wearing it. It has a chunky ear clip and a long microphone that protrudes from its side. Its build quality is impressive and the boom microphone is adjustable, so it's easy to swing away from your cheek when not in use.
Despite being chunky, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is quite comfortable to wear. A silicone ear bud rests firmly against your ear and Plantronics includes small, medium and large tips in the sales package. The Plantronics Voyager Pro only has three buttons, so it's easy to control. A large power button handles answering and ending calls and two volume buttons are located on the top. Just above the power button is a status LED, but its position means it's almost invisible, even when the headset is not being worn.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro provides excellent voice quality. AudioiQ2 noise-cancellation technology combined with the boom microphone aids outgoing audio volume and clarity, and wind noise is effectively nullified. Even driving in a car with the driver's window open doesn't affect outgoing audio quality. The Plantronics Voyager Pro also features impressive noise isolation, with conversations still completely audible on a busy Sydney street with traffic and other background noise.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro features multipoint Bluetooth, so it can connect to two devices simultaneously. Unfortunately it is quite limited: you can't place a call on hold to answer a call on the second device — the first call must be terminated or transferred back to the phone first.
In addition to answering, rejecting and ending calls, the Plantronics Voyager Pro supports call waiting, redialling the last number, and a muting audio.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro's battery life is rated at 5.5 hours talk time and up to 200 hours of standby time. An AC charger is included in the sales package and the headset uses a standard micro-USB connection.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Project Manager | ApplicationsQLD
- FTChange Manager - Part TimeOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevelopment manager - Product and PlanningOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTFrontEnd Angular DeveloperOther
- CCMiddleware Developer - IBM WebsphereQLD
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSAP ConsultantOther
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- FTLinux / Unix EngineerOther
- FTICT Systems Support OfficerQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTPermanent Drupal DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Architect - up to $800 per dayOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW