- Great viewing angle, cheap, extremely bright
- Nothing of note
One of the best value for money models we've looked at.
Price$ 497.00 (AUD)
If you've read the very low price at the top of this review and thought to yourself "it just can't be any good if they're giving it away at that price", then we're here to tell you that this monitor is indeed one of the best bargain buys.
For a low price, you get a screen that has both VGA and DVI inputs and one which also has a reasonable 21ms pixel response time and above average contrast and brightness ratings.
Additionally, this screen is manufactured using MVA technology, and we do rate the viewing angle of this monitor highly. There was only a slight colour loss when viewing from greater than 150 degrees. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides of the screen and also requires an external power supply
The brightness level of this monitor was superb in our testing. Likewise, its 800:1 contrast ratio made the screen a pleasure to use for viewing text, images and movies. While its quoted response time (21ms) is slow, it did do well in our motion blur tests. In particular, white text on black and grey backgrounds remained white and did not emit a noticeable trail as it scrolled across the screen, while black text emitted a very short trail and turned slightly grey on white backgrounds.
This screen is rated as being able to display 16.7 million colours and it did not disappoint us in DisplayMate. Banding was not noticeable in the colour blending tests nor in the 256-level colour intensity ramps, which displayed very smooth gradients. Its ability to display low levels of grey on a black background was very good, so dark movies or photographs will not be drowned out by the black.
An inexpensive price tag, coupled with great performance, makes this model a worthwhile pick-up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTClient PrincipalACT
- CCITIL Service ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTSecurity AdvisorOther
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- TPSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- CCSenior Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTNetwork EngineersOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - $104/hrQLD
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCIB2B Developer - Telecom clientVIC
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW