- Great viewing angle, cheap, extremely bright
- Nothing of note
One of the best value for money models we've looked at.
Price$ 497.00 (AUD)
If you've read the very low price at the top of this review and thought to yourself "it just can't be any good if they're giving it away at that price", then we're here to tell you that this monitor is indeed one of the best bargain buys.
For a low price, you get a screen that has both VGA and DVI inputs and one which also has a reasonable 21ms pixel response time and above average contrast and brightness ratings.
Additionally, this screen is manufactured using MVA technology, and we do rate the viewing angle of this monitor highly. There was only a slight colour loss when viewing from greater than 150 degrees. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides of the screen and also requires an external power supply
The brightness level of this monitor was superb in our testing. Likewise, its 800:1 contrast ratio made the screen a pleasure to use for viewing text, images and movies. While its quoted response time (21ms) is slow, it did do well in our motion blur tests. In particular, white text on black and grey backgrounds remained white and did not emit a noticeable trail as it scrolled across the screen, while black text emitted a very short trail and turned slightly grey on white backgrounds.
This screen is rated as being able to display 16.7 million colours and it did not disappoint us in DisplayMate. Banding was not noticeable in the colour blending tests nor in the 256-level colour intensity ramps, which displayed very smooth gradients. Its ability to display low levels of grey on a black background was very good, so dark movies or photographs will not be drowned out by the black.
An inexpensive price tag, coupled with great performance, makes this model a worthwhile pick-up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - Maximo - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Software Test AnalystOther
- FTSr. IT Business Analyst -Investment banking Funding StructureOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- CCPortfolio Insights and Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW