ProjectionDesign Action! Model One MkII
- Good colour depth
- Slight rainbow effect
Expensive, yet worth the money.
Price$ 10,999.00 (AUD)
The price tag of $10,000+ isn't chicken feed, but when you consider that this is the follow-up to a five-star unit that used to retail for a breathtaking $19,999, the value of this mk II will surely have the competition scrambling for red pens to slash prices.
The resolution of the Action! model one mk II is 1280 x 720, thanks to the high-definition, Texas Instruments Mustang HD2+DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) chip.
The projector features a simple-to-use menu system, and component, S-Video and composite inputs accompany the DVI socket (claimed to be HDMI-compatible, presumably with an appropriate adapter). Focusing and zooming are rock steady and smooth, and are a joy to use.
With the mk II, skin tones looked completely natural; rich enough to make an impression while remaining free of any banding whatsoever. Black levels were very good, even in low light, and I was never distracted by the presence of any unwanted light being thrown onto the screen.
At this price, and for image quality this good, the Action! model one mkII deserves to sell very well; I know I was sad to see it leave my lounge room.
Join the newsletter!
As more and more of everyday life becomes predicated on our connection to the digital world, the chances we will be targeted or vulnerable to cyber-attacks has also risen
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Cost ModellerOther
- CCSAP DevelopersNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperWA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCTandem Systems SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- CCPega Developer / Consultant - Contract - IT ServicesNSW
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- CCPega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Developer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCTechnical Business Intelligence AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- CCSharePoint 2013 DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Finance TransformationNSW
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!VIC
- FTOpenEdge DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM)QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- FTSenior Transition Project ManagerOther