Quicken Personal Plus 2006
- Comprehensive management of personal finances and investments.
- Fiddly install for upgrading users.
If you need better control over complex personal finances, this is more than up to the task.
Price$ 139.00 (AUD)
Basic personal finances can easily be managed on the back of an envelope or in a spreadsheet, but once you start juggling salaries, credit cards, mortgages, investment properties and share portfolios, a more structured solution is needed.
Quicken's Personal Plus package is aimed at individuals and families who want to better track and manage their financial situation, but don't need the complexity of a full-blown business finance package. Entering all your personal financial data is inevitably going to be a time-consuming task, but the well thought-out Getting Started model makes the process as painless as it's ever likely to be. This is done by breaking each section into categories and including useful localised lists of major financial institutions and shares to reduce the chances of data entry errors. Transactions from online bank accounts can be imported provided your institution supports QIF exports, which can further minimise the amount of typing required. Passwords can also be set to keep your information private.
Even if your finances require little more than salary tracking and working out how to reduce a mountainous mortgage and credit card debt, Personal Plus can assist with its Debt Reduction Planner, which demonstrates the impact of differing payment schemes. Users with a wider spread of investments can track superannuation and shares, with live updates on share prices for the latter. Assets can be tracked in multiple currencies if required. Reminders can be set for regular bills, and alerts set up to ensure debt doesn't grow to unmanageable levels. A wide (indeed, almost overwhelming) range of reports is available.
Separate modules allow you keep track of emergency contact information and to create an inventory of your possessions for insurance purposes (which can also be imported into your overall assets register). New additions to the 2006 release include integration with E*TRADE for active share traders, and the ability to export reports in PDF format
There are no obvious major flaws with this package, though installation is a tad fiddly for users of earlier versions (a good backup of existing data is essential as well). Both packaging and documentation seem a tad over-keen to sell Quicken's other services (such as online trading and customised stationery), and there are a few odd choices of terminology, such as 'semi-monthly' for 'fortnightly'. However, these are only minor quibbles. If you're willing to invest energy in setting up the system, Personal Plus will make it easy to track your progress towards key financial goals. (You can download a free trial version from Quicken's Web site, though this is time-limited to 30 days use.)
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- TPFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Green Belt)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTChange Manager- Rail / Fleet MaintenanceOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTField Service TechnicianOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)WA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTService Desk Consultant - Part TimeOther
- CC.net developerNSW