Razer Ferox portable speakers
Razer Ferox review: A portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP
- Compact, rechargeable power source, decent sound for the size
- Bass response is weak, really only appropriate for portable applications, proprietary cord
One of the largest 3rd-party peripheral manufacturers in the game, Razer has built a reputation for stylish products that improve both our performance in games and the overall experience outside of them. Razer's Ferox is a compact speaker system that you can take with you wherever you go.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Razer's Ferox is a portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP; it'll work with just about any device with a headphone jack though, like MP3 and portable DVD players.
I was initially sceptical about the Ferox, but after testing it out, I think it's a pretty awesome product. I was shocked by the quality of the sound: it's fairly "big" considering the size of the speakers. I was really disappointed by the weak low end (you could probably squeeze some more performance if you have an MP3 player with a built-in EQ) but I could easily see myself using this at the beach or a backyard BBQ as a quick and dirty speaker set up. I loved the fact that it's rechargeable, and that there's only one braided cord to mess with.
The only thing that makes me hesitate in giving it a full on recommendation is the fact that for a few bucks more, you can buy a portable speaker set with a bit more sonic "oomph." But those units usually stretch the definition of the word "portable", so if care about portability, Ferox is a pretty compelling choice. If Razer can somehow improve the bass response (I'd gladly accept a bigger footprint for a bit more thump), then they'd have an undeniable winner. In its current form, I'd recommend you look into it, but do some research before you fully commit.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Test Automation SpecialistOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- TPBI Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior IT Admin CoordinatorACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC