Reallusion CrazyTalk 4.5
- Realistic results with minimal effort
- Some face-editing results appeared cartoonish
CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio produces great results with little effort. Used in tandem with iClone you can produce realistic 3D effects at a fraction of the cost of high-end animation tools. This is one of the cleverest one-trick ponies we've seen.
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio generates an animated 3D face from a two-dimensional picture. It's a simple tool but it provides exceptional results.
We were impressed by CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio's ability to give realistic results in minutes. We imported a head-and-shoulders portrait -- you can import an image directly from a scanner.
CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio processed the image and sorted out the background and foreground.
To animate an image you bond a wireframe to its contours, which isn't nearly as complicated as it sounds. CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio's auto-fitting technique involves placing four dots at the extremities of the subject's eyes and mouth and, while you can add more complicated paths, we found the results here surprisingly good. Our subject was soon blinking and moving her head naturally.
You can record your voice to make the subject speak your own words. CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio makes a sound job of automatically synchronising lip movement with speech.
CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio also offers solid text-to-speech recognition and you can choose from a library of voices. These voices' pitch, volume and speed can be adjusted.
Advanced face-editing is catered for, so you can add moving eyes, lips and teeth. Results here were slightly cartoonish, but CrazyTalk 4.5 Media Studio comes into its own through its timeline. This allows you to direct facial animation, so your subject can move in time with their words.
Reallusion's iClone Studio 2.0 can import CrazyTalk's talking head and audio scripts. You can export files in a variety of ways -- including greetings cards or to an AVI movie.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- How to delete, disable, or limit your Facebook account
- IBM wants to open up the deep learning expertise bottleneck
- Monoprice slashes $80 off the Xbox One X on Sea of Thieves launch day
- Evoluent VerticalMouse C Right Wireless review: This upright mouse aims to end your arm pain
- What is a DXOMark Score?
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSAP ArchiectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - MDMOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTApplication Delivery Manager - HealthcareQLD
- CCTest Analyst - SitecoreNSW
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCConnections Manager - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Infrastructure ProjectsNSW
- FTUI DesignerOther
- FTLead Java DeveloperOther
- CCSnr Security Incident Coordinator (Tier 3) - Contract 2 Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCOperations Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration Analyst - Axway/APIVIC
- TPICT Project Support OfficerQLD
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW