Red Giant Magic Bullet Mojo 1.0
Mojo's effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background
- Fast, easy-to-use colour-correction tools for punching up footage
- Limited presets
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Suite is one of the most popular colour-correction tools on the market, combining sophisticated tools in the Colorista plug-in with the innovative Looks preset system based on movies, TV shows and film genres and stock types. The latest addition to the suite is Mojo, which offers a simple way to ‘punch up’ footage.
Mojo’s effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background. Mojo automatically finds areas of flesh in your footage, boosts the saturation of these and reduces that of the rest – then gives you a few controls to refine this.
Rather than overloading you with tweakable parameters, Mojo has only six main sliders (plus three more for skin treatment). These are tailored to the task at hand, giving control over the overall effect, its tint and balance, and three well-named controls for changing colour temperature (Warm It), contrast (Punch It) and saturation (Bleach It).
The three skin controls are Skin Colour for changing skin hues, Skin Squeeze to normalize a range of skin tones and Skin Solo to desaturate areas that aren’t skin for extra punch. These controls show that it’s always better to have fewer tailored settings than a whole host of generic parameters, as it allows you to get the effect you want quicker.
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier, and when deadlines are really on your back, there are presets based on the looks of recent action blockbusters – though these don’t offer much range, spanning Transformers to Termination: Salvation.
Mojo is more versatile though: from the most un-blockbuster-like footage of two children above we took the original footage (1), apply a general boost (2) and even quickly create an aged look (3). You can overlay a grid so you can check it’s correctly spotting skin areas (4).
Mojo is an excellent, swift tool for day-to-day colour correction tasks, and is affordable enough even for those who don’t work with live-action footage regularly.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTOracle DBA - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- CCCyber Security ArchtiectQLD
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPCyber Security SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- FTDNS Security SpecialistOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior System Engineer - Wintel & MacVIC
- CCPega Systems ArchitectACT
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSolution DesignerOther