Red Giant Magic Bullet Mojo 1.0
Mojo's effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background
- Fast, easy-to-use colour-correction tools for punching up footage
- Limited presets
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Suite is one of the most popular colour-correction tools on the market, combining sophisticated tools in the Colorista plug-in with the innovative Looks preset system based on movies, TV shows and film genres and stock types. The latest addition to the suite is Mojo, which offers a simple way to ‘punch up’ footage.
Mojo’s effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background. Mojo automatically finds areas of flesh in your footage, boosts the saturation of these and reduces that of the rest – then gives you a few controls to refine this.
Rather than overloading you with tweakable parameters, Mojo has only six main sliders (plus three more for skin treatment). These are tailored to the task at hand, giving control over the overall effect, its tint and balance, and three well-named controls for changing colour temperature (Warm It), contrast (Punch It) and saturation (Bleach It).
The three skin controls are Skin Colour for changing skin hues, Skin Squeeze to normalize a range of skin tones and Skin Solo to desaturate areas that aren’t skin for extra punch. These controls show that it’s always better to have fewer tailored settings than a whole host of generic parameters, as it allows you to get the effect you want quicker.
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier, and when deadlines are really on your back, there are presets based on the looks of recent action blockbusters – though these don’t offer much range, spanning Transformers to Termination: Salvation.
Mojo is more versatile though: from the most un-blockbuster-like footage of two children above we took the original footage (1), apply a general boost (2) and even quickly create an aged look (3). You can overlay a grid so you can check it’s correctly spotting skin areas (4).
Mojo is an excellent, swift tool for day-to-day colour correction tasks, and is affordable enough even for those who don’t work with live-action footage regularly.
Join the newsletter!
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Apple iMac Pro
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Toys for Boys
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
Foreign exchange (forex) trading is a rapidly-growing in popularity with individual investors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R17 Pro review: Oppo's thriftiest flagship yet drives a hard bargain
- 2 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 3 Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- 4 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 5 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
Latest News Articles
- Intel unveils the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2
- Fetch TV expands with Aussie Broadband
- Adobe announces next generation of Creative Cloud
- Logitech announces Logitech Rally
- Access thousands of movies for free thanks to Telstra TV Kanopy App
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?