Red Giant Magic Bullet Mojo 1.0
Mojo's effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background
- Fast, easy-to-use colour-correction tools for punching up footage
- Limited presets
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Suite is one of the most popular colour-correction tools on the market, combining sophisticated tools in the Colorista plug-in with the innovative Looks preset system based on movies, TV shows and film genres and stock types. The latest addition to the suite is Mojo, which offers a simple way to ‘punch up’ footage.
Mojo’s effect is based around a trick often used by action moviemakers to make shots more appealing by warming up skin tones and cooling off the background. Mojo automatically finds areas of flesh in your footage, boosts the saturation of these and reduces that of the rest – then gives you a few controls to refine this.
Rather than overloading you with tweakable parameters, Mojo has only six main sliders (plus three more for skin treatment). These are tailored to the task at hand, giving control over the overall effect, its tint and balance, and three well-named controls for changing colour temperature (Warm It), contrast (Punch It) and saturation (Bleach It).
The three skin controls are Skin Colour for changing skin hues, Skin Squeeze to normalize a range of skin tones and Skin Solo to desaturate areas that aren’t skin for extra punch. These controls show that it’s always better to have fewer tailored settings than a whole host of generic parameters, as it allows you to get the effect you want quicker.
Mojo provides a speedy way to make your footage punchier, and when deadlines are really on your back, there are presets based on the looks of recent action blockbusters – though these don’t offer much range, spanning Transformers to Termination: Salvation.
Mojo is more versatile though: from the most un-blockbuster-like footage of two children above we took the original footage (1), apply a general boost (2) and even quickly create an aged look (3). You can overlay a grid so you can check it’s correctly spotting skin areas (4).
Mojo is an excellent, swift tool for day-to-day colour correction tasks, and is affordable enough even for those who don’t work with live-action footage regularly.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Adobe expands Creative Cloud M1 support, claims over 80% better performance than Intel
- Starlink Internet to be deployed in outback Aussie school
- How to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and iCloud account
- How to customize the Safari start page in macOS Big Sur 11.3
- Run Windows 10 on your M1 Mac with Parallels Desktop 16.5
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?