Red Mile Entertainment Jackass: The Game
- Hearing your favourite Jackasses is entertaining; some games are somewhat fun
- Bad controls, too much load time for a mini-game title, awful character models
Jackass: The Game isn't completely devoid of fun, though. The voice-over work by the Jackass crew is nice, and as awful as most of the games are, you still can't help laughing every once in a while. But ultimately, the game is just a flat and uninteresting take on the otherwise awesome Jackass franchise.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Why someone in their right mind deemed it necessary to give Jackass its own game is a mystery to us. Don't get us wrong, the show and movies are funny as hell, but it would seem a doomed effort to try and translate the brilliant physical comedy into an interactive game.
Sadly, we were proven right: Jackass: The Game is a title that does almost everything wrong.
Feeling like an ass
In Story Mode, you sit down in the director's chair and order the Jackass crew around as they perform their zany stunts. You have to meet goals--get X amount of injury damage, knock over X amount of trash cans--in order to complete the stunt and move onto the next one. Unfortunately, the stunts which are normally hilarious and cringe worthy on the show come off as dull and uninteresting in the game.
This is exacerbated by the poor controls which will leave you screaming with frustration. Another problem with Jackass: The Game is the load times. Mini-game titles are supposed to load up quick and provide fun little diversions but Jackass makes you wait for what seems an eternity before each level is loaded, leaving plenty of time for the dread to settle in. And while the graphics aren't half bad, the character models are revolting.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Application Lifecycle Management (Logistics)Other
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- FTStorage EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTData Specialist - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW