RegSeeker is free, and alongside a Registry cleaner it has a handful of other Registry-focused utilities.
- No automatic restore function, confusing
It's free and useful, but Registry cleaners aren't exactly expensive, and RegSeeker is definitely not for beginners.
RegSeeker is free, and alongside a Registry cleaner it has a handful of other Registry-focused utilities. The tools include a keyword finder; a utility to examine installed application Registry entries, assorted histories (for instance, Internet Explorer and Start-menu items), and Startup entries; and a tool to tweak about 24 XP settings.
This Registry cleaner is confusing because its interface sports a strangely labelled 'OK!' button that doesn't really give you a sense of what the program will do next. On the same screen, RegSeeker presents a dangerous option: Auto Clean, which we encourage you to avoid. The screen provides little help or guidance, though RegSeeker warns that to back up the Registry, you must make sure to check the 'Backup before deletion' option, another oddly labelled feature.
RegSeeker has no automatic restore function, either; you'll need to find the saved .reg file yourself and click on it to restore your Registry.
On our production PC, RegSeeker picked up 1108 problems. Unfortunately, the program offered no assistance in determining which of the errors needed deleting; it also didn't provide categories, such as invalid path or shared DLL, to help us decide whether items were safe to delete. RegSeeker isn't for novices. It supports Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCHead of IT TransformationVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCPlatform ArchitectVIC
- CCPrroject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTransport Capacity Planner - Telecom domainVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTProject AnalystOther
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- CCProject Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & ApplicationsOther
- CCProject Manager - Office 365 Mail MigrationQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC