Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Revo iBlik RadioStation digital radio
This versatile and modern digital radio is hampered by its mono speaker
- Good looks and tabletop size, Wi-Fi and iPod dock
- Muffled mono speaker, no official iPhone support
The Revo iBlik RadioStation is a digital radio that rivals the Kogan Digital Radio and the OXX Classic DAB+ when it comes to versatility. It's a stylish unit as well, but there are a few issues that stop us from recommending it wholeheartedly.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
The Revo iBlik RadioStation is a desktop digital radio with an iPod dock and Wi-Fi networking. It's stylish and modern, but the troublesome controls and an imperfect mono speaker mean it isn't a great choice.
We like the look of the Revo iBlik RadioStation: the vaguely trapezoidal shape and black finish reminds us of a certain lovable robot. A gloss accent on the front on either side of the blue two-line LCD adds a touch of class. Unfortunately we found the buttons difficult to navigate and having the screen on the front (away from the buttons) doesn't help. We get the feeling the iBlik RadioStation is destined for many bedside tables — an iPod dock and buttons that are easy to use when you're standing by your bed, and a crisp screen that's easy to see while you're lying down.
Like the Kogan digital radio and the OXX Classic DAB+ digital radio, the Revo iBlik RadioStation has an internal Wi-Fi chip and aerial allowing it to connect to your home network. Be thankful you only have to connect it once for it to remember your password — the push-button interface of the iBlik RadioStation means that every character is tortuous to enter.
Once the initial setup is out of the way, the experience takes a massive change for the better with a huge range of Internet radio stations available, in addition to whatever media you have stored on the PCs on your Wi-Fi network. Navigating through media and Internet radio stations is quick and trouble-free. The iPod dock is an added bonus and although our iPhone 3GS wasn't officially supported, music played back with no difficulties (though only supported devices can be operated via the remote control).
Sound quality is our main sticking point with the Revo iBlik RadioStation. It has a single monaural speaker like the majority of other digital radios on the market, but it's a smaller speaker than many others. Its upwards orientation means the digital radio has a room-filling sound when the volume is turned up, which is a pleasant alternative to the more focused sound of the Pure ONE Classic. The speaker has reasonable mid-range response but there was a distinct lack of treble clarity, often leaving music sounding more muffled and closed-in than other players. There's also no scope for adjusting treble or bass weighting through an equaliser, so you can't tailor the sound to suit your tastes.
We think the Revo iBlik RadioStation looks great and is a good table-top alternative to the taller, more imposing units from Kogan and OXX. Unfortunately, the lack of official iPhone support is puzzling, the controls may take some getting used to and the sound quality isn't brilliant. If you're intending to use it as a fire-and-forget system for the living room or bedroom, the Revo iBlik RadioStation should serve its purpose well.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- Fetch TV and Netflix Expand Partnership
- Fetch TV launch new BBC Living channel
- Ultimate Ears unveil Alexa-powered BLAST and MEGABLAST smart speakers
- BeoPlay introduce P6 portable speaker
- Hisense Unveils 2018 ULED TV Range
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - JuniperWA
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTMedication Management Support - PermanentQLD
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP ABAP (CRM)/ UI5 DevelopersOther
- FTAWS AdministratorOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD