Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Pure, unadulterated GTA gaming, more in-depth missions than previous GTA games.
- More or less identical to PSP version.
Some will complain that the formula is starting to get stale, but the same thing can be said about any brilliant video game series. A worthy addition to the GTA collection.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
With Vice City Stories, Rockstar brings us another shot at the world of Grand Theft Auto. It's the usual suspects here; drugs, prostitutes, guns and a whole lot of violence.
Set in the Miami-esque city of Vice City, you play as Vic Vance, brother of Vice City character Lance Vance. Vic has joined the army to make some money and support his family, but before he knows it, his commanding officer has him running a whole laundry list of criminal errands. It can be a little jarring as you find yourself picking up drugs and attacking gang members before you're totally sure why. Vic constantly reminds anyone who will listen that he has no interest in a life of crime but can't help but get deeper and deeper into Vice City's seedy underworld.
Nothing New Under the Vice City Sun
Fans of previous GTA games should stop reading here: beyond Vic's ability to swim short distances, there isn't anything new about this game. You go on missions that involve chasing or being chased at high speeds, kill a lot of people, avoid the cops and fight the temptation to forget all about the missions and go on a one man crime spree. Of course there are plenty of side missions along the way. Steal any of a number of police vehicles and you'll get the opportunity to go on a Vigilante mission (though it's difficult to tell the difference between those and regular missions). Though it takes a while to get into this one, but Vice City Stories, like most GTA games, can grow on you.
As with other GTA games, controls can be maddening as beginners will find shooting to be a little hectic, but veterans should have no problems. Driving will have you smashing your controller into the ground as both the controls and the huge scope of Vice City will take a long time to become acclimated. Even with the map--which you'll be checking constantly--it's easy to get very, very lost.
Graphics are pretty good but not much better than previous GTA games. The bright pastels combined with the 80's music and DJ chatter add to the atmosphere of the game. I definitely crashed plenty of times when I paid too much attention to the radio drama known as Angel and the Knight.
If sprawling, open-world games are your thing, look no further; Rockstar is your best bet. Vice City Stories is a fun game that lets you jump into right into the action, but don't expect anything special or new from this game.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPWordPress DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Application developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD