Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Pure, unadulterated GTA gaming, more in-depth missions than previous GTA games.
- More or less identical to PSP version.
Some will complain that the formula is starting to get stale, but the same thing can be said about any brilliant video game series. A worthy addition to the GTA collection.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
With Vice City Stories, Rockstar brings us another shot at the world of Grand Theft Auto. It's the usual suspects here; drugs, prostitutes, guns and a whole lot of violence.
Set in the Miami-esque city of Vice City, you play as Vic Vance, brother of Vice City character Lance Vance. Vic has joined the army to make some money and support his family, but before he knows it, his commanding officer has him running a whole laundry list of criminal errands. It can be a little jarring as you find yourself picking up drugs and attacking gang members before you're totally sure why. Vic constantly reminds anyone who will listen that he has no interest in a life of crime but can't help but get deeper and deeper into Vice City's seedy underworld.
Nothing New Under the Vice City Sun
Fans of previous GTA games should stop reading here: beyond Vic's ability to swim short distances, there isn't anything new about this game. You go on missions that involve chasing or being chased at high speeds, kill a lot of people, avoid the cops and fight the temptation to forget all about the missions and go on a one man crime spree. Of course there are plenty of side missions along the way. Steal any of a number of police vehicles and you'll get the opportunity to go on a Vigilante mission (though it's difficult to tell the difference between those and regular missions). Though it takes a while to get into this one, but Vice City Stories, like most GTA games, can grow on you.
As with other GTA games, controls can be maddening as beginners will find shooting to be a little hectic, but veterans should have no problems. Driving will have you smashing your controller into the ground as both the controls and the huge scope of Vice City will take a long time to become acclimated. Even with the map--which you'll be checking constantly--it's easy to get very, very lost.
Graphics are pretty good but not much better than previous GTA games. The bright pastels combined with the 80's music and DJ chatter add to the atmosphere of the game. I definitely crashed plenty of times when I paid too much attention to the radio drama known as Angel and the Knight.
If sprawling, open-world games are your thing, look no further; Rockstar is your best bet. Vice City Stories is a fun game that lets you jump into right into the action, but don't expect anything special or new from this game.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCITSM Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Senior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerVIC
- CCRelease ManagerACT
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- FTDevOps Engineer - Supply ChainOther
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- FTProgramme DirectorSA