SanDisk Extreme Pro - Blazing-fast performance for professional grade videos and photos
Roth Audio Blob 2
- Excellent subwoofer design and quality, high quality sound in bass and treble
- Mid-tones lost in bass at times, mediocre satellite design, too expensive.
The AudioBlob 2 system are a great set of speakers with only a few minor flaws but are overpriced when compared to similar systems.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Roth AudioBlob 2 speaker system will appeal to audio buffs who demand incredible feats from their speaker systems and are willing to pay top dollar to achieve that end. This high end 2.1 system delivers excellent audio quality while also incorporating innovative design and style.
The first thing we noticed when setting up the AudioBlob 2 system is the attractive matt finish on the 28 watt sub-woofer. The subwoofer contains all the inputs and outputs on its rear central hub, together with volume controls for all the speakers, much like the Creative Inspire system. The sub-woofer is made of wood, with a black matt finish and rounded edges adding to its overall appeal. The most innovative feature on the subwoofer is undoubtedly the use of inverted cone rubber feet at the base of the unit. Roth have very effectively eliminated the vibration distortion problems that plague many subwoofers, as the tips of the cones are the only element actually touching the surface you have them installed on, While this seems like an extremely simple solution, we find it does make a significant difference to the sound quality.
The 12 watt satellite speakers are not quite as attractive as the subwoofer due to their excessively reflective black plastic finish. The speakers are attached to the sub-woofer via two cables of proper speaker wire, but the clips on the back of the satellites are designed in such a way that its hard to successfully attach the wires without experiencing some degree of frustration.
The AudioBlob 2 system delivers clear bass, even at high volumes, and easily handles the higher treble registers without any loss in clarity. At times during our tests, the mid-tones became lost in the bass despite attempts to compensate via the bass volume control, but this is only a slight blemish on a very impressive system.
Our biggest issue with this system is probably its price. When compared with the Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 or the Philips MMS430, the difference in sound quality is barely noticeable and those systems retail for around half the price.
It does leave you wondering why the AudioBlob would be a consumer's system of choice, but in the end it will come down whether or not a prospective purchaser is attracted to the distinctive design and styling of the AudioBlob 2.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 2 Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- 3 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 4 Moto G8 (2020) review: Win some, lose some
- 5 iPhone SE (2020) review: What's old is new again
Latest News Articles
- Razer refresh mecha-membrane option with new Ornata 2 keyboard
- One of HP’s best gaming monitors is dumb cheap for Click Frenzy
- You can now control your Razer-powered RGB lighting setup with Alexa
- Intel's 'Comet Lake' H-Series chips promise to power the next generation of mobile content creation hardware
- Nvidia enhance Max Q mobile graphics specifications
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?