Roxio BackOnTrack 3.0
- Easy to use, encrypts backups, enhanced recovery tool
- Fairly standard File Backup
The capabilities of this suite are pretty impressive, especially the enhanced system recovery tool, which offers much more control than the utilities built into Windows. There's a slightly stripped down version that's around $50 cheaper but, as this consists only of File Backup and Disaster Recovery, it is genuinely less useful.
Price$ 89.99 (AUD)
Backing up may be hard to do, to paraphrase Neil Sedaka, but Roxio's BackOnTrack aims to ensure that you have all the tools you need to save your data in the event of disaster. It's true that Microsoft's NTFS file system does a much better job of maintaining the integrity of data on your hard drive these days, meaning system crashes are becoming much rarer, but if you need more than System Restore to protect your files, this will do the job.
There are three components to BackOnTrack: Instant Restore (a beefed-up version of Windows System Restore); File Backup (to preserve individual documents); and Disaster Recovery. Instant Restore is likely to be the most valuable as it can return your PC to an earlier state with a single mouse-click. One virtue of this over System Restore is that it can work if Windows crashes, even without a boot disk.
File Backup is fairly standard, but simple to use, providing the ability to specify individual documents and folders to back up to an external device. Backups can be scheduled and allocated to categories (such as photos or music). A useful addition is the ability to encrypt backups.
Disaster Recovery uses disk-imaging technology to create a backup of the entire PC which, as with alternatives such as True Image and Ghost, can back up and restore without requiring a system restart.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCImplementation EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Support EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst =QLD
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTFull stack .NET Developer (Angular.js, Durandal.js, Node.js)QLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- FTGRC and Security Project ManagerOther
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior SQL Server Infrastructure Engineer/DBAOther
- FTMedication Management Support - PermanentQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther