Roxio Easy Media Creator 10.0
- The updated interface is a pleasure, giving easy access to media tools, easy-to-use interface
- Takes long to install, requires a powerful PC with plenty of RAM
For the professional there are certainly better alternatives. But if you're a home user who wants a fantastic bundle at a remarkable price, this is one of the best buys around.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
Roxio has become something of a standard when it comes to basic multimedia authoring. With the latest release of its Easy Media Creator suite it's easy to see why. Just about anything that 95 per cent of the population want to do with media -- whether that's editing photos, creating movies and soundtracks or burning DVDs - is possible, and for just $169.
The breadth of the suite is little short of astonishing. At its heart is Roxio Central, a slick and easy-to-use interface that would put Apple to shame. The sheer number of utilities and applets could be overwhelming, but each is accessible with a couple of mouse clicks.
The redesigned interface makes EMC more consistent with Vista's look. You also get the ability to convert video and audio to different formats from the desktop via the Audio/Video Converter gadget, to send videos to YouTube with one click and to rip CDs from multiple drives simultaneously.
But it's the way that all the different components integrate that truly impresses. If you wish to record music from your old LPs, capture and edit high-definition video, create sophisticated menus and overlays for your DVDs, synchronise files or use an HD-DVD writer capable of storing 30GB, there's a tool or two here to suit your every need.
However, these features do come at a cost: performance. You'll need a powerful PC with plenty of RAM to use multiple tools simultaneously. And the installation process could try the patience of a saint.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- FTSenior SQL DeveloperOther
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- FTProject Director- CloudOther
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, DesignOther
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTSystems AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCPortfolio Manager - GovernanceVIC
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther