Roxio Easy Media Creator 10.0
- The updated interface is a pleasure, giving easy access to media tools, easy-to-use interface
- Takes long to install, requires a powerful PC with plenty of RAM
For the professional there are certainly better alternatives. But if you're a home user who wants a fantastic bundle at a remarkable price, this is one of the best buys around.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
Roxio has become something of a standard when it comes to basic multimedia authoring. With the latest release of its Easy Media Creator suite it's easy to see why. Just about anything that 95 per cent of the population want to do with media -- whether that's editing photos, creating movies and soundtracks or burning DVDs - is possible, and for just $169.
The breadth of the suite is little short of astonishing. At its heart is Roxio Central, a slick and easy-to-use interface that would put Apple to shame. The sheer number of utilities and applets could be overwhelming, but each is accessible with a couple of mouse clicks.
The redesigned interface makes EMC more consistent with Vista's look. You also get the ability to convert video and audio to different formats from the desktop via the Audio/Video Converter gadget, to send videos to YouTube with one click and to rip CDs from multiple drives simultaneously.
But it's the way that all the different components integrate that truly impresses. If you wish to record music from your old LPs, capture and edit high-definition video, create sophisticated menus and overlays for your DVDs, synchronise files or use an HD-DVD writer capable of storing 30GB, there's a tool or two here to suit your every need.
However, these features do come at a cost: performance. You'll need a powerful PC with plenty of RAM to use multiple tools simultaneously. And the installation process could try the patience of a saint.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTFrontend Developer - UX/UINSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- FTSenior BAOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 - Service Desk AnalystOther
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTOffice Manager / PAOther
- CCProcurement AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- FTSAP Finance Project ManagerOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTSystems Accountant / Production SupportOther