- 1.3 megapixel camera, FM tuner, stylish finish
- No memory expansion slots, no missed call alerts on the external screen
The SGH-E730's fashionable design, high-resolution camera and Bluetooth features make it a compelling all-round phone package.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Marketed as the Fifth Fantastic, the stylish Samsung SGH-E730 is an update to the popular SGH-E720, with an improved 1.3 megapixel camera, increased Bluetooth speed and new FM radio tuner function. But once again, no memory expansion slot is provided and users will have to make do with the 90MB supplied to store music and photos.
With a clamshell design and a weight of only 88g, the SGH-E730 is compact, but Samsung hasn't compromised on its build quality. The glossy black finish on the unit certainly appealed to us.
The external OLED screen of the Samsung can only display 80 x 64 pixels. It does not display missed call alerts for more than a few seconds, meaning you have to open the phone to find out if anyone has called.
There are three multimedia buttons on the front of the phone that can be used to access the MP3 playback and an FM radio tuner. We were pleased with the sound quality and reception of the FM tuner, which can hold up to 30 preset stations. MP3 playback quality was average.
Samsung supplies headphones (with FM antenna) that can be used with the unit. Unlike its predecessor, the SGH-E720, the SGH-E730 supports speakerphone capability.
The SGH-E730 ships with a 1.3 megapixel camera, and can take photos at resolutions up to SXGA (1280 x 1024). Video can be recorded at 160 x 120, 128 x 96 or 176 x 144. They can be limited to the size of an MMS message.
The SGH-E730 includes support for Bluetooth 1.2 (the SGH-E720 has Bluetooth 1.1).
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
- Woolworths Will Be Offering $150 Off Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIntegration Analyst - Axway/APIVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Application Developer/ReporterQLD
- FTNetwork Planners - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Digital Frontend Developer, UX & Web TechnologyOther
- CCJunior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTERP Technical Analyst - PeoplesoftOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- TPICT Project Support OfficerQLD
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- FTService Now Alfabet integration specialistOther
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- TPBusiness and Data AnalystQLD
- TPSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD