Samsung S7330 mobile phone
Samsung's latest mid-range mobile phone boasts a "magical touch" window and a 3-megapixel camera.
- Value for money, solid build quality, decent features list, customisable shortcut menus
- Long when slid open, keypad is too flat, selection keys poorly placed, no 3.5mm headphone jack
The Samsung S7330's magical touch window isn't a deal-breaker, nor is it innovative. However, this mobile phone still provides decent value for its asking price.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Exclusive to 3 Mobile in Australia, the Samsung S7330 mobile phone boasts a "magical touch" window, a 3-megapixel camera with face detection, 3.6Mbps HSDPA capabilities and a brushed-metal finish.
The Samsung S7330 mobile phone features what Samsung has dubbed a "magical touch user interface". Replacing the navigational pad found on most mobile phones, the magical touch display window is a touchpad that changes depending on which handset functions are being used. For example, when using the camera, icons such as flash and self-timer appear; navigating to the music player will make playback controls, like stop and pause, display.
During general use, the touchpad acts as a regular five-way navigational pad, with direction icons and a centre key. The speed and responsiveness of the touchpad are good, and haptic feedback is also present (you can adjust both vibration strength and sensitivity).
The Samsung S7330 is certainly a stylish mobile phone. It feels sturdy, and the spring-operated slider has a smooth action. The glossy brushed-metal finish on the rear is attractive. A downside to the design is the size of the S7330 when opened — it's one of the longest slider phones we've seen and is rather top-heavy, so messaging with one hand, for example, is a frustrating experience.
The Samsung S7330's keypad is large, but the keys are flat and tactile feedback could be improved. The selection buttons and answer/end call keys surrounding the touchpad are also a little small and too close to the edge of the phone.
Running the proprietary Samsung operating system, the S7330 mobile phone offers a user-friendly interface, with the ability to customise a shortcut menu for quick access to commonly used items. Icons are clearly labelled and submenus have a simple list format, so the phone is easy to use.
The Samsung S7330 is an HSDPA-capable device. As the phone is offered exclusively on 3 Mobile, users have access to the Planet 3 portal. This provides a wide range of content and services including mobile Internet, e-mail, news, sport, entertainment and social networking. We had no problems accessing any of these features, although the S7330's browser doesn’t render Internet pages particularly well.
A disappointment is the Samsung S7330's lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack, though there is an adapter in the sales package. The included headphones produce average sound quality; however, A2DP Bluetooth means you can stream your music wirelessly to a compatible set of headphones or speakers.
The 3-megapixel camera includes autofocus, an LED flash and face detection. Other features include SMS, MMS and e-mail messaging with T9 predictive text input, an FM radio, voice recorder, and a range of PIM features such as a calendar, alarms, an RSS reader, timer, stopwatch and converter.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
- Woolworths Will Be Offering $150 Off Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- TPManager, IT and Digital SupportVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java/AWS/NoSQL)Other
- FTSalesforce CRM Scrum Product OwnerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagersACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSystem Administrator/ Level 3 SupportQLD
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Clearances OfficerACT
- FTSenior Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET Developer - Brisbane based (work from home/client site)VIC
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Rail Project Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTData ModellerOther
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTDRM DeveloperOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA