Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV (preview)
Samsung's cheapest 3D plasma TV of 2011 may be the best value
- Probably much cheaper than the Series 8 with most of the image quality and features
- We're not sure yet -- expect us to find out when we get a review unit in our Test Centre
Samsung's Series 6 3D plasma TV might well prove to be the best value 3D TV offering from the company in 2011. It's the lowest positioned 3D TV in Samsung's lineup, but we're optimistic about its potential picture quality based on past experiences.
Announced at CES 2011 at the same time as the Series 8 3D plasma, the Series 7 LED and Series 8 LED, the Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV should be significantly cheaper while still including important features like 3D processing (with a 2D-to-3D mode) and Web-enabled applications and features.
If you're picking out a new television and want to work out what's best for you, read through our LCD vs LED vs plasma TV buying guide.
Want to learn about 3D TV? Take a look at our 3D TV buying guide.
Have a look at what we thought were the best TVs of 2010.
According to Samsung, "The Series 6 Plasma TV (D6500) offers a dichotomy in design texture, between cold, black metal and warm, smooth glass. The cabinet consists of a brushed metallic black frame and the translucent mold encases the frame and uses Samsung’s Crystal Design technology to create a luxurious finish." We think what Samsung is saying is that it will look pretty swish in the middle of your lounge room. It might not be as attractive as the stunning Series 8, but we're banking on this being an excellent value choice for TV buyers in 2011.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTOracle Developer (PL/SQL)SA
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - NodeJSQLD
- FTSenior Insights ConsultantOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Security EngineerOther
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTPlatform Architect - NetworksOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - JuniperWA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - BankingVIC
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Support OfficerVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTField Services EngineerOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- TPHR Process AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD