Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD LCD monitor
Samsung's latest SyncMaster LCD monitor includes a built-in digital TV tuner
- Built-in TV tuner with EPG, stylish design, dual HDMI ports, accurate colour and rich blacks, preview feature
- Glossy bezel reflects light, awkward controls, strange ball connection, slight motion lag when watching TV, viewing angles aren’t great
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is a competent if not outstanding LCD monitor, and the included TV tuner may push it over the line for many potential buyers.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is a 23in, Full HD (1920x1080) monitor boasting HDMI input and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It also comes with a built-in TV tuner, so it's ideal for use in a bedroom or as an inexpensive secondary television.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is very similar to the SyncMaster 2333SW — it uses the same panel and has an almost identical design. A glossy black bezel with a clear extruded plastic edge running along its base gives it a distinctive look, and the bright blue light beneath the Samsung logo is a nice touch.
Though the SyncMaster 2333HD LCD monitor definitely looks good, light reflects off the glossy surface of the bezel, so glare is an issue. The controls on the right side of the monitor have hard to read labels and the buttons require a firm press.
The monitor's stand is difficult to connect and has an awkward ball hinge connection. This hinge doesn't click into place like with most other LCD monitors; it's wedged into place instead. Although it holds the monitor sturdily once connected, the stand doesn't allow the monitor to swivel or rise, and the scope to tilt it is limited.
The rear of the Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD monitor has a stylish, etched flower design. The monitor includes all the ports you'll need for both PC and television use. In addition to two HDMI ports (one behind a flip out panel on the left side of the monitor) and single DVI and D-Sub ports, there are a headphone jack, optical audio out port, audio in port, a component in connection and an antenna port for the built-in tuner.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD has a 5ms refresh rate, making it one of the faster 23in screens on the market. HDMI makes it ideal for high-definition gaming use, and it performed well when hooked up to our PlayStation 3. During games, we didn't notice any trailing or ghosting issues, but did experience slight motion lag when using the TV tuner.
The SyncMaster 2333HD produces accurate colour and rich blacks, though we did note slight backlight bleeding while watching a Blu-ray movie. We were also unimpressed with the viewing angles ⏼ noticeable colour shift is evident when viewing the screen from off-centre, especially vertically. This is an issue with most TN LCD panels though, and not unique to the SyncMaster 2333HD. Both light and dark areas showed plenty of distinction in our DisplayMate tests and the overall image is crisp and sharp.
The built-in HD digital TV tuner works well and Samsung includes a remote control in the sales package. Sound is average with a distinct lack of bass the main issue, though the volume doesn't distort even at its highest setting. There is an on-board EPG (electronic program guide) and a five-channel sound equaliser. The preview feature is a nice touch — it lets you to continue to watch the current viewed program while browsing the EPG. Changing channels is a little slow. Though we wouldn't recommend it as your primary television, the Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD's built in TV tuner is ideal for a bedroom TV or a secondary television outside the living room.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Office 365QLD
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPOracle EBS/Java DeveloperQLD
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCField Services TechnicianWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTRelease ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- FTIT Support - Level 3NSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTCloud EngineerOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCDevOps Engineer - Cloud - GovernmentVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTAdministration AssistantOther
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA