Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD LCD monitor
Samsung's latest SyncMaster LCD monitor includes a built-in digital TV tuner
- Built-in TV tuner with EPG, stylish design, dual HDMI ports, accurate colour and rich blacks, preview feature
- Glossy bezel reflects light, awkward controls, strange ball connection, slight motion lag when watching TV, viewing angles aren’t great
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is a competent if not outstanding LCD monitor, and the included TV tuner may push it over the line for many potential buyers.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is a 23in, Full HD (1920x1080) monitor boasting HDMI input and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It also comes with a built-in TV tuner, so it's ideal for use in a bedroom or as an inexpensive secondary television.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD is very similar to the SyncMaster 2333SW — it uses the same panel and has an almost identical design. A glossy black bezel with a clear extruded plastic edge running along its base gives it a distinctive look, and the bright blue light beneath the Samsung logo is a nice touch.
Though the SyncMaster 2333HD LCD monitor definitely looks good, light reflects off the glossy surface of the bezel, so glare is an issue. The controls on the right side of the monitor have hard to read labels and the buttons require a firm press.
The monitor's stand is difficult to connect and has an awkward ball hinge connection. This hinge doesn't click into place like with most other LCD monitors; it's wedged into place instead. Although it holds the monitor sturdily once connected, the stand doesn't allow the monitor to swivel or rise, and the scope to tilt it is limited.
The rear of the Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD monitor has a stylish, etched flower design. The monitor includes all the ports you'll need for both PC and television use. In addition to two HDMI ports (one behind a flip out panel on the left side of the monitor) and single DVI and D-Sub ports, there are a headphone jack, optical audio out port, audio in port, a component in connection and an antenna port for the built-in tuner.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD has a 5ms refresh rate, making it one of the faster 23in screens on the market. HDMI makes it ideal for high-definition gaming use, and it performed well when hooked up to our PlayStation 3. During games, we didn't notice any trailing or ghosting issues, but did experience slight motion lag when using the TV tuner.
The SyncMaster 2333HD produces accurate colour and rich blacks, though we did note slight backlight bleeding while watching a Blu-ray movie. We were also unimpressed with the viewing angles ⏼ noticeable colour shift is evident when viewing the screen from off-centre, especially vertically. This is an issue with most TN LCD panels though, and not unique to the SyncMaster 2333HD. Both light and dark areas showed plenty of distinction in our DisplayMate tests and the overall image is crisp and sharp.
The built-in HD digital TV tuner works well and Samsung includes a remote control in the sales package. Sound is average with a distinct lack of bass the main issue, though the volume doesn't distort even at its highest setting. There is an on-board EPG (electronic program guide) and a five-channel sound equaliser. The preview feature is a nice touch — it lets you to continue to watch the current viewed program while browsing the EPG. Changing channels is a little slow. Though we wouldn't recommend it as your primary television, the Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD's built in TV tuner is ideal for a bedroom TV or a secondary television outside the living room.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- FTAccount Business Management Officer/Operations ManagerACT
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCITSM Project ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW