As more and more of everyday life becomes predicated on our connection to the digital world, the chances we will be targeted or vulnerable to cyber-attacks has also risen
Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW LCD monitor
Possessing great image quality and loads of style, Samsung's SyncMaster 2333SW is an excellent Full HD monitor
- Full HD, good image quality, stylish design, excellent colour and contrast, non-glossy screen, no ghosting
- No HDMI, DVI cable not included, ball-hinge stand design is awkward
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW offers excellent image quality and a stylish design. The lack of HDMI and an awkward stand mount are minor issues, and a Full HD resolution and great colour are more than enough to compensate.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW is a Full HD monitor boasting a 1920x1080 resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The lack of HDMI connectivity and an awkward base stand connector are issues, but the image quality and design make this a great LCD monitor overall.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW has a glossy black bezel with a clear extruded plastic edge running along its base. A soft blue LED just below the Samsung logo on the bottom of the display adds a nice touch of style, as does the round stand. Light reflects off the surface of the bezel, though the screen itself isn't glossy so it's ideal for use in an office environment. We didn't like the controls on the right side of the monitor — they have difficult to read labels and the buttons require a firm press.
The rear of the SyncMaster 2333SW has an etched flower design. The monitor includes DVI and D-Sub ports but there is no DVI cable included in the sales package. HDMI is a notable exclusion.
A strange and annoying aspect of the Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW is its stand. It is difficult to connect, with an awkward ball hinge connection that involves pushing the bottom of the monitor into the stand with plenty of force. The ball hinge doesn't click into place like with most other LCD monitors but is wedged into place instead. Although it holds the monitor sturdily once connected, the stand doesn't allow the monitor to swivel or rise and tilt is limited.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW has a 5ms refresh rate, making it one of the faster 23in screens on the market. The lack of HDMI does limit high-definition gaming use, though the monitor still performed well in our fast-motion tests. Only slight trailing was present and there was no noticeable ghosting.
Colour and contrast are excellent. The listed dynamic contrast ratio is 20,000:1, though the typical contrast ratio is 1000:1. Black levels are rich, detail is excellent and both light and dark contrast showed with plenty of distinction in our DisplayMate tests. Overall, the he SyncMaster 2333SW produces a crisp, sharp image with no evidence of backlight bleeding. Our only real complaint lies with the vertical viewing angles — horizontal viewing angles are much better, with no noticeable colour shift.
Samsung has included MagicColor and MagicBright settings on the "cream" series of monitors, which the SyncMaster 2333SW is part of. MagicColor increases the brightness and is ideal for viewing images, while MagicBright is a set of pre-programmed colour modes including sport, movie, dynamic contrast, text, Internet and game. We found Internet mode to be the ideal setting for our office, but you'll probably need to bump down the brightness a few notches. Text is displayed accurately with minimal aberrations and at the native 1920x1080 resolution the Desktop looked superb.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- Asus Announces The Latest Designo Curve MX32VQ Monitor
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET Developer - Brisbane based (work from home/client site)VIC
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPUX UI DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint 2013 DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CCCommunication OfficerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTSenior AWS Cloud SpecialistsOther
- FTNetwork Planners - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTEAI Developer / Integration DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - (Mid Level)Other
- CCSAP DevelopersQLD
- CCProject Manager (mid-level)NSW
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- FTDatabase AdministratorOther
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTWireless Consulting EngineerNSW
- TPPMO AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW