Samsung SyncMaster 305T
- Excellent text and graphics
- Does not include OSD controls
Samsung's SyncMaster 305T is pricey, but it's within the range of what other 30in LCDs cost. If you seek a monitor on which to spread out and see lots of documents at once, the 305T would be a fine choice.
Price$ 2,399.00 (AUD)
This 30-inch display has first-rate image quality overall, though colours looked slightly dull in some photos.
The SyncMaster 305T performed well in our image quality tests, showing sharp text and nuanced colour. Jurors were impressed with the 305T's rendering of text in a Microsoft Word document, as well as in a screen of repeating E's and M's.
The 305T showed a couple of photos in which colours appeared a bit muted in comparison with the other displays in the test group, but colour representation seemed good overall.
This SyncMaster has a smooth black bezel and a circular stand. It tilts and swivels smoothly, though it is not height-adjustable, and it does not pivot. It is wall-mountable.
The only control it has to adjust the screen is one for brightness -- buttons on the front of the bezel increase and decrease the brightness of the display, and that's it. Currently no on-screen components are available to support the 305T's high resolution of 2560x1600, but Samsung states that future versions of this model should include an on-screen display for adjustments.
Two downstream USB ports reside on the back of the display. Samsung also includes a power-saver mode -- this switches the monitor to a low-power status when it has not been in use for some time.
At $2499, this SyncMaster is certainly pricey, but it falls well within the range of what other 30in LCDs cost. If you seek a monitor on which to spread out and see lots of documents at once, the 305T would be a fine choice.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSCRUM Master, Digital Transformation, CXOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersNSW
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Specialist - Government OrganisationVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT