Samsung SyncMaster 770P
- Contrast Ratio, Adaptability and design, Sharp image quality
- Expensive, Can't match colour performance of other models
It's pretty pricey, but we'd be prepared to pay for such superb contrast ratio, excellent design and sharp image quality. A top choice.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
You might think a price tag of $899 was a bit high for a 17in TFT display - about $100 too high. However, we reckon it justifies this extra cost. For starters, look at the specifications. A contrast ratio of 1,500:1 isn't just impressive, it's staggering. The Samsung's 6ms response time isn't a record-breaker but it's certainly very fast indeed, and a viewing angle of 178 degrees on both the horizontal and vertical planes is as good as anything else on offer.
Good specifications are all very well, but what really matters is the performance. And although it does do a generally sterling job, we thought the 770P lacked a certain something. It can't match the colour palette of other 17 inch screens we've seen, but it certainly offers excellent definition.
The real beauty of the Samsung, though, is its adaptability. The stand allows it to sit almost flat on its base, or it can be raised to tower above everything else on the desk. Either way, you won't have a problem getting the SyncMaster to a comfortable height. What's more, the screen can be rotated through 90 degrees so you can use it in portrait mode - handy when working on Word documents, among other things. Samsung's proprietary Magic Rotation software means the image is automatically rotated when you pivot the screen.
The screen also swivels on the base, so it can be moved to show someone else what the user is looking at without physically picking the whole thing up. The design of the Samsung isn't just functional, though; it's really quite attractive. There's a choice of four colours - white, blue, red and black - so you can pick one to suit the rest of your system or the room that it's going to live in.
Image quality is sharp, although the colour depth isn't the best. But what we really liked about the SyncMaster 770P is the fact that it can be adjusted to suit the user in a variety of ways - it can be tilted, raised, lowered and rotated into landscape and portrait modes. Perhaps it is a touch on the pricey side, though.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSystem Access Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- TPICT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP ABAP DeveloperOther
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTOracle DBAOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - BI Apps TeamOther
- CCSecurity SpecialistQLD
- CCCall Centre Operator /AdministratorNSW
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTSecurity DevOps EngineerOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD