Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor
Samsung's latest LED monitor is a Full HD panel with impressive image quality
- Great design, thin bezel, matte screen, HDMI input, optical audio out, excellent brightness and colour
- Doesn't swivel or rotate, not height adjustable, slight backlight bleeding
Samsung's 23in SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the best looking displays on the market, and its performance is equally impressive. Excellent brightness and colour make this a great monitor for a variety of purposes.
LED-backlit televisions are all the rage right now, and this technology is slowly trickling into the monitor space. Samsung is one of the leaders when it comes to LED TVs, so it's no surprise to see it release an impressive Full HD, LED-backlit monitor like the 23in SyncMaster XL2370.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the thinnest monitors on the market. It's sleek and relatively light. The stylish, glossy black bezel has a transparent overlay around the edges, as does the base. This gives the monitor a distinctive look.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's screen has a matte finish, so reflections aren't an issue. This means it's ideal for use in an office with fluorescent lighting. Unfortunately, the SyncMaster XL2370 isn't height adjustable and it can't swivel or rotate. Though it feels well constructed, it tends to wobble on its stand when pushed.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's on-screen display is accessed via touch-sensitive controls on the bottom right of the bezel. The buttons are hidden when not in use and by default only light up when tapped (there is an option to have them lit permanently). They are fairly responsive, though sometimes they require an extra tap to activate.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is a Full HD display with a resolution of 1920x1080. It includes DVI and HDMI inputs, an analog audio output and an optical digital audio out port. There is no VGA port, but Samsung includes a DVI to VGA cable in the sales package.
The overall performance of the SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is very impressive. Brightness levels are excellent without affecting black levels, colour reproduction is outstanding and there is no sign of any ghosting during fast movement in games or movies. The monitor displays a very natural looking image that is ideal for a variety of uses.
We did notice slight backlight bleeding on the top and bottom edges of the screen, and viewing angles aren't great (though this is to be expected from a TN panel). There are no issues when viewing the screen from directly in front, but horizontal and vertical angles result in noticeable colour shift and darkening.
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation Engineer/ Linux DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTCustomer Service ConsultantOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux System AdministratorVIC
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - Role based in PerthVIC
- FTFullstack .NET Developer - AngularOther
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- TPSystems Administrator (AWS)QLD
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTUser Access AdministratorSA
- FTContract Obligations Manager - Telco - 2 year Max Term - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1) - Sydney West (Urgent)Other