Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor
Samsung's latest LED monitor is a Full HD panel with impressive image quality
- Great design, thin bezel, matte screen, HDMI input, optical audio out, excellent brightness and colour
- Doesn't swivel or rotate, not height adjustable, slight backlight bleeding
Samsung's 23in SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the best looking displays on the market, and its performance is equally impressive. Excellent brightness and colour make this a great monitor for a variety of purposes.
LED-backlit televisions are all the rage right now, and this technology is slowly trickling into the monitor space. Samsung is one of the leaders when it comes to LED TVs, so it's no surprise to see it release an impressive Full HD, LED-backlit monitor like the 23in SyncMaster XL2370.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is one of the thinnest monitors on the market. It's sleek and relatively light. The stylish, glossy black bezel has a transparent overlay around the edges, as does the base. This gives the monitor a distinctive look.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's screen has a matte finish, so reflections aren't an issue. This means it's ideal for use in an office with fluorescent lighting. Unfortunately, the SyncMaster XL2370 isn't height adjustable and it can't swivel or rotate. Though it feels well constructed, it tends to wobble on its stand when pushed.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370's on-screen display is accessed via touch-sensitive controls on the bottom right of the bezel. The buttons are hidden when not in use and by default only light up when tapped (there is an option to have them lit permanently). They are fairly responsive, though sometimes they require an extra tap to activate.
The Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is a Full HD display with a resolution of 1920x1080. It includes DVI and HDMI inputs, an analog audio output and an optical digital audio out port. There is no VGA port, but Samsung includes a DVI to VGA cable in the sales package.
The overall performance of the SyncMaster XL2370 LED monitor is very impressive. Brightness levels are excellent without affecting black levels, colour reproduction is outstanding and there is no sign of any ghosting during fast movement in games or movies. The monitor displays a very natural looking image that is ideal for a variety of uses.
We did notice slight backlight bleeding on the top and bottom edges of the screen, and viewing angles aren't great (though this is to be expected from a TN panel). There are no issues when viewing the screen from directly in front, but horizontal and vertical angles result in noticeable colour shift and darkening.
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the newsletter!
Now that the home entertainment market has moved towards streaming video services and Blu-ray content, there has never been a better time to convert DVD collections to digital.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- 4 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 5 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung officially debut the Galaxy Note 9
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- HTC U12+: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?