Samsung Writemaster SH-W162C/RSWN
- Good quality burning
- Pricey, no DVD-RAM burning
A little pricey for what you get, nonetheless this Samsung model burns very high quality discs.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Replacing the Samsung TS-H552, the SH-W162C/RSWN is the latest in the Writemaster range. It has made a great leap from 4x DVD +/- RW to 16x. In our tests we only had 6x DVD +R available, which burnt 4GB in 7min (a data rate of 9MBps). This was slightly slower than the competition, but burnt a better quality.
The real competition in the DVD market lies in the double-layer burning. The SH-W162C/RSWN burns DVD+R DL at 5x, however, it detected our 2.4x discs at 6x and produced a readable burn of 7.4GB in 20 minutes, a data rate of 6MBps.
The quality of this burn appeared nearly perfect when we analysed it later. This is due to Samsung's Silent Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) and Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology (TACT).
The Silent PWM allows for more precise voltage waveforms at high disc speeds and the TACT provides the correct angle for the laser to write, for each part of the disc. The SH-W162C/RSWN has a 2MB buffer and a burst rate of 25MB. However, it lacks DVD-RAM, which you will find in most burners in a similar price range.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
- Synology Introduces New Data Storage Solutions for Home and Small Offices
- Western Digital moves on Oz consumers with new storage offering
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD