- Great form factor for talking
- No camera, small buttons
If you are after a stylish handset for chatting and are less worried about the bells and whistles working their way into current mobile phones, the Samsung SGH-X460 is a top-notch choice.
Price$ 219.00 (AUD)
Samsung has an impressive lineup of both GSM and CDMA phones. The SGH-X460 is available in either black or silver and offers support for the GSM network.
The small silver flip phone features a screen on the front to show time, date, signal strength and battery life when the clam shell is closed and a stunning 65,000-colour screen when open. The X460 offers all the standard features found in the current crop of ultra small mobiles, including polyphonic ring tones, support for MMS and Java games, and WAP 2.0 for surfing the net.
One issue with the current crop of ultra-small mobile phones is that the earpiece and microphone rarely line up with your ears and mouth, which can make them somewhat difficult to talk on. Though it only measures 85 x 43 x 23mm, the SGH-X460 pivots in the centre to provide a comfortable usable handset with earpiece and microphone at perfect locations. A built-in antenna also helps keep the dimensions down, and we found signal strength didn't suffer from lack of an external aerial. The only potential problem is that the small size limits the room for keys. Those with big fingers could find typing SMS messages a tricky task.
In testing, the SGH-X460, managed to kick on full 200 hours of standby time of regular usage (Samsung quotes a 3.8-hour talk time), which will prove adequate for all but the most demanding and talkative of users - especially considering the tiny size of the battery. Better yet, at less than 80g, the featherweight unit isn't tiring to hold for extended conversations.
All up, the Samsung SGH-X460 is a great choice for anyone after a small phone not packed with bells and whistles. The unit is well designed, offers solid features for most users, and is a delight to use. A standard one-year warranty and room for 1000 phonebook entries rounds out a capable product.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCData Center Operations EngineerWA
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC
- FTIntegration Developer (Mulesoft)Other
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Administrator, IT ProgramOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)WA
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)SA
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW