Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB
- Extremely fast transfer rates, largest storage size on the market
- A little expensive compared to other per-gigabyte prices.
If you want high-capacity storage that wont break the bank and perform impeccibly, this drive is your best bet.
Price$ 980.00 (AUD)
Seagate's Barracuda 7200.10 750GB drive, the largest hard drive to date, sets new standards for capacity, price, and performance. Its speed was especially notable on the PC World Test Center's write tests, where it came within a hair's breadth of matching Western Digital's swift 10,000-rpm Raptor X.
The Barracuda 7200.10 drive that our test centre evaluated has 16MB of cache and supports SATA-150 by default, out of the box. We tested it using SATA-300, which required a jumper-setting change.
In our performance tests, the Barracuda 7200.10 750GB excelled across the spectrum. Among the bevy of 7200-rpm drives we've tested, it ranked first; and overall, it was bested only by the 10,000-rpm Raptor X. On our write tests, the new Seagate drive took just 2 minutes, 16 seconds to write a 3.06GB file of folders (a scant 2 seconds slower than the Raptor X), and 1 minute, 39 seconds to write a 3.06GB .zip file (a mark 3 seconds better than the Raptor X's).
On a cost-per-gigabyte basis, your wallet won't take a huge hit, either: The SATA version of this drive will debut at $980, which works out to $1.31 per gigabyte. That's higher than the average cost of 7200-rpm drives, but it's below the usual cost per gigabyte paradigm we've seen in recent years when a new drive hits the market.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB combines voluminous storage and high-end performance in a single drive. If you want high-capacity storage, this drive is your best bet.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTDigital Integration Practitioner - BRF/DSMACT
- FTFrontend Developer/Digital DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSignalling Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence Application Developer/ReporterQLD
- FTProcess Specialist - $700 per dayOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTOracle Developer (PL/SQL)SA
- TPSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTPeoplesoft HCM Application DeveloperACT
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- TPProject Manager | PCIQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Developer - API: C# .Net Developer | FinTech | APIOther
- FTService ManagementOther