Sega Super Monkey Ball Adventure
It has long been suggested that the apex of human civilisation was achieved the moment someone decided it would be a really cool idea if monkeys were inserted into translucent balls and made to roll around for everyone's amusement.
- Lacks adventure
Adventure's six party games and puzzle-based challenge mode are the best this game has to offer. With multiple players, Adventure flies in the face of its weak story mode and becomes a genuinely fun experience.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
It has long been suggested that the apex of human civilisation was achieved the moment someone decided it would be a really cool idea if monkeys were inserted into translucent balls and made to roll around for everyone's amusement. Monkey Ball was an idea whose time had come, and it ushered in a brand-new era of good feeling among the masses.
It is a sad truth of the video game industry that no good idea goes unexploited and, eventually, beaten like a dead horse. After a series of sequels and spin-offs, Sega has attempted to take its well-liked Super Monkey Ball franchise in a new direction, but the results are unimpressive at best.
A brand-new story mode is the big-ticket item here, but sadly, the introduction of a plot is clumsily done, and it adds nothing to the overall experience. The game offers a sugary-sweet plot so cloying it could choke a Care Bear, and tops it off with a host of non-player characters who, when offering up quests to the player, speak an annoying, ear-destroying gibberish.
The game lacks one thing: adventure. The introduction of quests means players will often times feel like everyone's errand boy, shooing away birds, delivering items, lifting the proverbial barge and toting the proverbial bale. The shift in focus from frantic puzzles to leisurely exploration means stretches of boredom punctuated by moments of wandering aimlessly attempting to find the next plot point. Worse, the introduction of huge environments actually sparks a series of poor design choices, ones that didn't exist in earlier Monkey Ball titles, that further pothole the gameplay.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ISO9001ACT
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPWordPress DeveloperVIC
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTe-Learning Instructional DesignerOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Incident Management SystemsOther
- FTETL AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTSenior Network Operations EngineerSA
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness / Systems AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCService Delivery LeadQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther