Get your hands on the WD 1TB My Passport Go SSD. Now drop resistant up to 2 Meters.
Sennheiser MM 100 headset
Sennheiser's lightweight Bluetooth headset/wireless headphones
- Light, comfortable, firm fit, good sound quality
- Open ear-cups leak noise badly, poor charge-to-play-time ratio
For runners, gym junkies and other active types, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset offers good sound quality and the convenience of cordless headphones, with the added benefit of full support for taking mobile phone calls with a simple button press.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MM 100 headset is light, comfortable and wireless, making it a good choice for people who are constantly on the move.
Bringing back memories of Sony's 'Street Style' headphones, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset is an on-the-ear, wrap-around model. This style is well suited to active users — it secures well against the ears without excessive clamping, with the added bonus of open ear-cups to let in ambient sound (which is important if you're running through traffic-heavy streets, for example). It also helps that the headset weighs just 54g; you can feel it sitting on your head but there are no comfort issues if you're wearing it for a long period.
Unlike the button-heavy sides of the Sennheiser MM 450 Travel headset, the MM 100 headset has all its buttons on the right — a general purpose play/power button, skip and review buttons as well as a volume control. The play button also answers and ends phone calls, so you can store your Bluetooth-enabled mobile safely in your bag or pocket. We still can't get used to talking to a pair of headphones, but it's nonetheless a nifty feature.
Sound quality from the MM 100 headset remains consistent even when cranked up to high volumes. There's a reasonable amount of upper bass that fits in well with the warm mid-range and relatively detailed treble, making for an aural signature that's heavy and musical. We would have liked a little more clarity in the higher registers — at times music can sound slightly muffled. Our main annoyance is the fact that the ear-cups leak noise badly at anything higher than moderate volume levels; these are not the headphones for a workplace or a crowded bus, unless you want everyone else to hear your music.
Being a lightweight Bluetooth headset, we didn't expect spectacular battery life given — but 7.5 hours is impressive. Less thrilling is the long wait between listening sessions; the battery takes 2.5 hours to reach a full charge.
Coming with the slightly-higher-than-reasonable Sennheiser price tag, the MM 100 is nonetheless a competent headset for active users.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Connect an old Apple display to a new Mac to give it new life
- Apple takes on AirPods Pro with $150 Beats Studio Buds noise-canceling earbuds
- AirPods Max impressions roundup: A great fit with ‘really good sound’ and a terrible case
- Apple may replace your AirPods Pro for free even if they’re out of warranty
- Apple reportedly plans to launch new AirPods models, possible third HomePod speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?