MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
Sennheiser MM 50 for iPhone
An ideal upgrade for your iPhone
- Subtle and sophisticated design, comfort, push-to-talk button, reasonable sound quality
- Incoming audio quality of calls could be better
These headphones are an ideal replacement for the standard Apple headphones that come with the iPhone.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Boasting a microphone and a call button to answer incoming calls, and featuring an in-ear design designed to minimise background noise, with the MM 50 Sennheiser has provided an ideal set of headphones to replace the standard Apple headphones packaged with the iPhone.
With the launch of the iPhone 3G just around the corner, there is set to be an explosion in the number of iPhone accessories available in Australia. The MM 50 is one of the first and it represents decent value for money.
In terms of design, these headphones are similar to the CX 300, with the exception of the black colour scheme. They won't attract attention, but offer a sophisticated look thanks to the black cord and ear buds. Each ear bud is finished with a brushed edge. They are ear-canal headphones and Sennheiser has included three different sized ear sleeves (S, M, L) to ensure an optimal fit. Comfort is good — the headphones are relatively unnoticeable, even during lengthy listening spells.
The best feature, aside from the audio quality, is the push-to-talk button, which allows you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music dims and your ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple press of the push-to-talk button answers the call. The button can also be used to control music playback — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
Although it's convenient to be able to answer calls through these earphones, the quality of calls isn't as good as we expected. Incoming sound was distant and sometimes distorted, even when we had excellent mobile coverage. However, outgoing sound is fair and none of our callers complained. The sound for voice calls isn't as good as the iPhone 3G, for example.
The headphones produce reasonable but not outstanding sound. Bass in particular is excellent without ruining the clarity in higher ranges. Mid-range isn't as detailed as we'd have liked, though at this price point it's unreasonable to expect much better. Although audiophiles won't be excited, ordinary consumers should be, as these headphones improve the sound of your iPhone tenfold.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- 3 super-cool ways to control your Mac with your Apple Watch
- Apple offers free AirPods, AppleCare+ savings for students
- iCloud+ Private Relay explained: Don’t call it a VPN
- Apple reportedly wants to extend AppleCare to people
- The next iPad mini: More screen and no more home button
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?