- Good sound, More than adequate microphone
- Looks a little flimsy
The PC30 is a fairly basic low-end PC headset but it does its job well
Price$ 54.95 (AUD)
Sitting at the low end of the Sennheiser PC headset range, the PC30 is a simple and efficient option for those on a budget. The lower price tag translates to fewer features than other Sennheiser headsets and the build quality is also less sturdy. However, it still delivers adequate sound and has a more than adequate microphone pick up.
The PC30 is an over the head design with two earpieces attached via a retractable plastic headband. The earpieces sit flat against the ear and as such are not as encompassing as the larger PC 161. From the left earpiece an arm protrudes, which houses the microphone.
Since this is primarily a VOIP or gaming product, we tested the item using Skype and testing PC gaming using a Ventrillo voice server. In both cases we were pleased with the results. The sound was clear, albeit a little faint, and voice was picked up well without too much background noise.
Due to its positioning over the ear, the earpieces leak quite a bit of sound, so if you are looking for something whisper quiet, you will be disappointed. However, despite looking rather flimsy and uncomfortable, we were able to use them for hours on end without feeling any discomfort, a problem we noticed on the PC 161 and the PC141.
On the whole, this isn't the most remarkable PC headset on the market. It performed well considering its position in the Sennheiser line up and had no really poor qualities to speak of.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorACT
- FTService desk supportACT
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- CCFunctional TesterVIC
- CCCall or Contact Centre OperatorNSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst -Other
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Workbrain Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther