Serif WebPlus X2
- An easy to use drag-and-drop page design, RSS tool
- Some of the special effects aren't that great; lacks direct code editing
A lack of direct code editing features makes Serif WebPlus X2 unsuitable for professional site design – but there's enough here to keep most other users more than happy. Packed with features, brimming with extra resources and integrated with Serif's own Web services, it's a comprehensive and cost-effective choice.
Price$ 79.99 (AUD)
Serif WebPlus X2 is a feature-packed Web site-authoring tool that won't break your budget – but does it come up to scratch?
Serif has a long history of creative software development, building inclusive tools at budget prices. Serif WebPlus X2 is no exception, packed with extra resources, easy to use wizards and comprehensive documentation.
The generous templates and clipart are a Serif trait, but we were surprised at how functional the Serif WebPlus X2 Web-authoring package actually is. Serif WebPlus X2 is aimed at casual users, providing a drag-and-drop page design environment that doesn't require any coding experience whatsoever. In fact, Serif WebPlus X2 feels more like a desktop-publishing package than a Web-authoring application. There's no code produced until your site's published – and from our tests the results are clean and readable should you wish to make any manual edits.
There's enough in Serif WebPlus X2 to keep more demanding users happy too – like RSS tools that enable you to insert blog headlines and news feeds. Dynamic forms can be created with a couple of clicks and there are site-management tools too. These include full publishing features, traffic reports and improved search engine optimisation to make sure your pages appear within Google's search results.
For upgraders from previous versions of Serif WebPlus there are several new functions making their debuts. Extended media features includes YouTube clip, podcast and Flash-animated gallery support. All are menu driven, requiring nothing more complicated than typing in a link or two.
There are even dynamic data features, with database and forum connectivity, that use Serif-provided Web services. These are insertable as "Smart Objects" directly into your Serif WebPlus X2 pages.
Like many template driven, drag-and-drop design tools, the quality of your site is dependent in part on the quality of the resources provided. The Serif WebPlus X2 package boasts 30 "professionally produced" templates which, although varied in quality, are better than those that many similar tools provide. Some of the special effects, borders and clipart are all a bit "MySpace" for adult tastes, however.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCSenior Test AnalystsACT
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CCIntegration AnalystNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst (Report Analyst)Other
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- FTAutomation Framework DeveloperVIC
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther