- Great build quality, good stereo sound.
- Only stereo, overpowering bass at times.
Sharp's ANPR1000H home cinema stand provides a solid stereo performer that can be used as a TV stand, but falls short for surround sound enthusiasts.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Designed primarily as a TV stand and home theatre rack, the Sharp ANPR100H also has a built in amplifier, integrated stereo speakers, and twin subwoofers hidden in the stand. It provides a good option for users looking for an all-in-one home entertainment stand and audio system, however the lack of support for surround speakers will dampen its popularity with some people.
When setting up the system, the first thing you notice is its weight. At almost 50kg, it's not easy to manoeuvre without help. However, this does mean that it's fantastically sturdy and is easily able to support the weight of a large television.
The rack is designed to complement Sharp's AQUOS range of LCD televisions, and features a smooth piano black fascia, with a central control point and screen. It would look great teamed with a black TV. The face of the unit has four buttons for power, volume and input source. It's simple to set up, as most of the unit is already assembled and only requires the glass and metal tabletop to be attached.
The rear panel features three different stereo analog audio inputs, as well as two digital optical inputs, one co-axial port and an FM antenna connection. Switching between these is a simple task using the remote or the front panel. The remote also has the functionality to control TVs from a wide range of manufacturers.
Sound quality from the system is warm and rich, with enough treble to sound clean and balanced. Playing different musical styles on the standard sound setting, we found that they all sounded energetic and were easy to listen to. Acoustic music was a favourite in our tests, with guitar and bass notes reproduced flawlessly.
Sharp has decided to include two subwoofers with the ANPR1000H, one built into each leg of the stand. The concept behind dual subwoofers is solid, with the arrangement designed to make it difficult to identify the source of the lower bass sounds, as well as allowing for a wider range of room configurations and shapes. The twin subwoofers can lead to the music sometimes being overpowered by lower bass, though thankfully there is a dedicated menu option allowing for the volume to be increased or decreased relative to the other speakers.
We did notice that although the unit is marketed as a home cinema rack, it is only offered in a stereo configuration, with no ability to amplify rear or centre speakers. To do this you would need to purchase a separate amplifier, negating the need for the integrated one in the rack.
When playing stereo sound from a CD player through the analog inputs we were given plenty of distinctive setup options. Sharp has included Dolby's 'Audistry' enhancement technology, allowing for lower bass enrichment, and a virtual 5.1 sound effect. This works well and it gives a distinctly wider, more enveloping feel, to stereo music in playback. Sharp's own audio tweaking modes are also included, with options for Cinema, News, Music and Sport, as well as a Night mode that limits the bass and treble volume.
As a home theatre rack, the ANPR1000H is a great choice. It's sturdy, and looks great when paired with the AQUOS range of TVs or any other model with a shiny piano black finish. The in-built speakers are of a high standard, and the subwoofers have enough power for a strong kick. It doesn't support surround sound, but it is great for stereo music fans and casual movie watchers.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTBusiness Analyst with Testing backgroundOther
- FTios DeveloperACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- CCTraining Co-OrdinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCService Designer - GovernmentNSW
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- TPProgramme SupportACT
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCIEOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperSA
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther