Sharp SharpVision XV-Z2000
- Excellent image quality, 16:9 native, quiet operation
- One year warranty
A short-ish warranty is really the only negative point for what it is an outstanding home theatre projector.
Price$ 6,999.00 (AUD)
Sharp's SharpVision XV-Z2000 projector home theatre projector is a serious piece of kit, boasting multiple inputs, outstanding image quality and extremely quiet operation.
The machine is bulky, measuring 31 x 29 x 10cm, and features a large protruding lens. At around 4.3kg, the XV-Z2000 isn't a machine designed to be moved around. The base includes M4 mounting holes and there's a Kensington lock point for permanent installations in a boardroom or lecture hall.
The silver unit features ample side venting, which allows for adequate cooling without overdriving the fans. As a result the Sharp model manages to run near silently, which is an important consideration for anybody serious about home theatre.
A control panel is found in the centre of the top face, but all of these functions are mirrored on the remote. The remote control features a brushed metal top surface and glowing buttons to help navigate in a darkened room. The control provides quick access to menu functions, including keystone adjustments, picture sizing and zooming, and image properties.
The rear panel offers just about every connection common in Australia, and includes a DVI connector, two component inputs, along with both S-Video and composite sockets. There's even a serial adapter available for control.
On paper, the SharpVision model appears custom-made for home theatre buffs. The machine itself runs as a native resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels (720p), and can scale up to 1080i HDTV content to fit the screen. The 16:9 aspect ratio and relatively high resolution of the DLP display system offer outstanding picture clarity and smooth tonal variations in DVD movies.
A Texas Instruments (TI) HD2+ DLP chip sits at the heart of the SharpVision model, which is rated to 1200 ANSI lumens for brightness, with a 2500:1 contrast ratio. The TI chip is generally found in much more expensive models, and offers stunning image quality. Initially the screen looked a little bright and over saturated, but a quick calibration sorted out the issue and left the colours lifelike and vibrant.
All up, the SharpVision XV-Z2000 offers an outstanding home theatre experience, but a one-year warranty is relatively short considering the asking price.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTHealthcare TesterVIC
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTTelecommunications Field Engineer (x2)WA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- TPSystems Analyst / TesterVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD