Get your hands on the WD 1TB My Passport Go SSD. Now drop resistant up to 2 Meters.
Sharpcast SugarSync File Syncing
- Supports both PCs and Macs, simple to set up and use
- No support for file revision history
It's not a free storage service, but the free trial means you can test it out and see if it's what you need.
Price$ 24.99 (AUD)
If you use multiple computers and mobile devices for creating and editing documents, it can be tough to keep different versions of your files in sync. A new service called SugarSync goes a long way toward curing those syncing headaches.
SugarSync is both a Web-based service and an application that you download; together, they provide a way for you to always have the most current version of a file, regardless of what computer you're using. You configure the downloadable application, called SugarSync Manager, to monitor certain folders on your PC. Files in those folders are then uploaded to your personal SugarSync Web page, which acts as an online storage repository, allowing you to access them from any Web browser.
SugarSync excels when you begin making changes to your documents. Any time you make a change to a file, the changes are automatically saved to the original version of the document on the computer on which it was created. Say, for example, you create a meeting agenda on your office PC. You later edit the document on your laptop at home and save it. SugarSync automatically saves those updates to your Web-based storage space, and also sends them to the original document on your office PC.
Unfortunately, SugarSync lacks a revision history of the synchronised files: Once you edit and save a file, only the newest copy is preserved.
Every device on which you install SugarSync also gets its own "Magic Briefcase" folder. Place a file in this folder, and the file appears in the Magic Briefcase on all your other devices running SugarSync.
Unlike many online storage services, SugarSync isn't free: Five plans are available, ranging from $25 per year for 10GB of storage to $250 for 250GB. (A 45-day free trial also is available.) It works on both Windows PCs and Macs, as well as on mobile phones with Web access.
(A nifty feature for camera phone users allows them to have any pictures taken with their phones sent directly to their PC.)
SugarSync provides a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution to manage files on several devices. Clearly, we've come a long way from the original Windows Briefcase and floppy disks for file synchronisation.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Beats Fit Pro review: Better than AirPods Pro
- 2 iPhone 13 mini review: About as good as small phones get
- 3 14-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro) review: Life just keeps getting better for Mac users
- 4 LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Super lightweight and primed for productivity
- 5 Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio review: Windows 11’s flagship feels like the future
Latest News Articles
- USB Overdrive review: Fix your Mac’s problems with a mouse, trackball, or other input device
- Confirmed: Your passwords still suck
- Microsoft Edge adds quick password updates, efficiency mode
- Shop smarter with Microsoft Edge’s helpful new price change alerts
- Windows Media Player is getting a long-overdue upgrade
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- MATE offers bonus Echo Dot on new Aussie mobile plans
- Best SIM-only Cyber Monday iPhone plans in Australia in 2021
- Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?