Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Smart PC Utilities Vista Services Optimizer
A free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
- Nothing of note
The key to Vista Services Optimizer is the program's analysis and recommendations for turning off services, which we found to be useful and on target. This is a freebie that will speed up your (Vista) PC.
Vista Services Optimizer is a free software app that speeds up your Windows Vista PC by switching off unwanted services.
Silently running in the background of your Vista PC are services that you don't need. These leeches slow your system down and increase your system's boot time. The free Vista Services Optimizer helps fix the problem, by analyzing your PC, telling you which you can safely turn off, and then turning them off for you.
Click the Services Diagnostics to start. You describe your PC - whether it's connected to a network, whether you use a digital camera, whether you have third-party anti-spyware and firewall, and so on.
Then Vista Services Optimizer checks the services that run in the background, and gives you a report that details which you can safely turn off.
You can then have the Vista Services Optimizer turn off all the unnecessary services for you, or you can use the program to turn them off manually, one at a time.
There are some nice extras in Vista Services Optimizer, too, such as a screen that shows you your CPU and RAM use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 4 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 5 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- Get a five-port wall charger with a USB-C connection for $20 with this code
- How to pick the best CPU for your next laptop
- 10 Best Free To Play Games You Can Play In 2018
- HAVIT G1W True Wireless Earbuds review: Budget buds with an wireless edge
- The throttled MacBook Pro: Discussing the heat problems with Apple’s new laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?