Textmaker Viewer 2009
TextMaker Viewer 2009 is a lightweight, fast, document viewer.
- Does what it says on the tin, free
- Can't regular expressions for searching
If you've ever received a document file in a format you can't read, Textmaker Viewer 2009 might be for you — just be sure to check the supported formats (most common modern ones, but not a lot of truly ancient formats like Wordstar or Wordperfect) to be sure it will work. It's free, it doesn't take up a lot of disk space, and if it's useful even once, it's worth the download.
TextMaker Viewer 2009 contains no editing functionality, but does allow you to open, search, and copy text from a variety of common document formats, including .doc, .docx (Microsoft Office 2007), .rtf, and .odt (Open Document format, used by OpenOffice.org).
"It does what it says on the tin," as the saying goes. We were able to easily open a variety of documents. TextMaker Viewer 2009 has a few useful tools to aid in this, such as auto-stacking windows, view scaling (zoom in on a document, show it in two-page mode, and so on), and a reasonable search feature (no regular expressions, but few business users know about them or are likely to miss them).
In addition, TextMaker Viewer 2009 has a Properties window that gives you word counts and other data for the whole document or a selected section. You'll also find a print feature and an e-mailer.
Why use TextMaker Viewer 2009? Sometimes, you are sent documents in formats you can't read — Office 2007 when you have 2003 installed, for instance. Some new computers might not have Office installed. Or you might not like Office. (Imagine that!)
Or you might not want to bloat memory firing up Office just to read a memo or manual.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ComplianceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical writerNSW
- FTLand Access Coordinator / Lead - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTChange Analyst - Business & TransformationOther
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other