Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P150
- Great photos for the price range, feels solid
- A little lacking in features, poor software
For snap shooters who like big prints, the Sony is up to the task.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Sony's DSCP150 has a powerful seven megapixel CCD. The high resolution may not give you better pictures if you usually print 5" x 7" or 4" x 6" prints, but it's a boon for making 8" x 10" or larger prints. The main drawback to 7 megapixel images is that you'll need higher-capacity media to hold the resulting larger files, and Sony's Memory Stick media costs significantly more than the SD or CompactFlash cards used by most other brands.
A cropped and enlarged shot of our test target had better reproduction of fine lines and text than those produced by most point-and-shoots we've tested, though it wasn't as sharp as the shots we took with more-expensive and more advanced 7 and 8 megapixel models. Test photos of a complex, outdoor cityscape and of an indoor still life looked beautifully detailed, with good colour and exposure accuracy.
For taking snapshots, the DSCP150 is a pleasure to use. It's exceptionally quick to start up, take shots and shut down. It has a solid, durable feel to it and a relatively simple menu system that is quick to roll through.
The cameras has more controls than most snap shooters need, but it lacks some controls that advanced photographers might want, such as white-balance calibration, bracketing, and semi-automatic modes. It does have a rudimentary full-manual exposure mode (you are limited to two aperture settings, which vary with the zoom you've selected), and a simple manual focus with a few stepped focus ranges.
The software accompanying the camera is pretty basic, so you'll want to expand your options with a good photo-editing package.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Capture Events on the Road with the new Uniden 4K Dash Cam
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Panasonic introduces new ultra telephoto zoom lens
- Sony Introduces Dual Camera Shooting Solution for RX0
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolutions Team LeadQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordiantorNSW
- FTSenior Cost ModellerOther
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- FTDigital BA x2Other
- TPBusiness Analyst | Initial 3+ mth contractQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTServer EngineerSA
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationQLD
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPSAP FICO Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationVIC
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- CCMicrosoft Solution ArchitectNSW