Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P150
- Great photos for the price range, feels solid
- A little lacking in features, poor software
For snap shooters who like big prints, the Sony is up to the task.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Sony's DSCP150 has a powerful seven megapixel CCD. The high resolution may not give you better pictures if you usually print 5" x 7" or 4" x 6" prints, but it's a boon for making 8" x 10" or larger prints. The main drawback to 7 megapixel images is that you'll need higher-capacity media to hold the resulting larger files, and Sony's Memory Stick media costs significantly more than the SD or CompactFlash cards used by most other brands.
A cropped and enlarged shot of our test target had better reproduction of fine lines and text than those produced by most point-and-shoots we've tested, though it wasn't as sharp as the shots we took with more-expensive and more advanced 7 and 8 megapixel models. Test photos of a complex, outdoor cityscape and of an indoor still life looked beautifully detailed, with good colour and exposure accuracy.
For taking snapshots, the DSCP150 is a pleasure to use. It's exceptionally quick to start up, take shots and shut down. It has a solid, durable feel to it and a relatively simple menu system that is quick to roll through.
The cameras has more controls than most snap shooters need, but it lacks some controls that advanced photographers might want, such as white-balance calibration, bracketing, and semi-automatic modes. It does have a rudimentary full-manual exposure mode (you are limited to two aperture settings, which vary with the zoom you've selected), and a simple manual focus with a few stepped focus ranges.
The software accompanying the camera is pretty basic, so you'll want to expand your options with a good photo-editing package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTHogan Technical ConsultantOther
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Support SpecialistSA
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCService Management AnalystNSW