- Good value, impressive 20X optical zoom lens
- Ordinary still image resolution, substantially larger than some other Sony DVD camcorders
Sony's DCRDVD602E is an easy-to-use, robustly built DVD camcorder that should satisfy anyone wanting to shoot video to view on the home TV.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
The DCRDVD602E is reasonably light, at around 500 grams with battery and DVD disc, and measures 12.7 x 10 x 5cm--thin enough to carry around in a coat pocket.
Conventionally styled, the Sony DCRDVD602E has a solid feel to it and would appeal to schools and families looking for a robust camcorder option, able to handle the rigours of heavy use.
Most of the controls are accessed via a flip-out, 2.5" touch panel screen. It provides access to a simple menu system. Settings such as exposure effects and custom white balance settings can be selected quickly, while a useful replication of the zoom and record/pause buttons on the left-hand side of the LCD panel gives you another option when shooting a scene.
The main selection switch allows you to quickly select whether you want to take a still picture, video or watch what you have recorded. Other buttons include a backlight and display button, as well as an 'easy' button which sets the camera to fully automatic.
Both digital still and video is recorded to the removable DVD media and should be compatible with most home DVD players, after finalising the disc. Both DVD -RW and +RW is supported by the camera, although for write-once media you can only use DVD-R.
The 2.5" LCD screen is bright and clear, even in direct sunlight. When the environment gets too bright, you can choose to use the optical viewfinder.
The DVD602E uses a quality Carl Zeiss lens with 20X optical zoom and produces accurate colour, with good saturation. It can take stills and record them to DVD, but only at a maximum resolution of 640 x 480.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer, Wintel, VMWareOther
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BankingVIC
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther