Sony BRAVIA KDL-46EX520 LED TV (preview)
Sony's top non-3D TV uses an edge-lit LED panel and can stream video from the Internet
- It's got all the streaming Internet features of the best Sony TVs
- No 3D, no dynamic LED backlighting, Wi-Fi is optional
We think the Sony BRAVIA EX520 will be a popular cheap LED TV. It doesn't have any superfluous 3D features or built-in Wi-Fi, so for anyone just looking for a simple Sony TV it'll hopefully be a good choice. We are impressed by the inclusion of Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video.
The Sony BRAVIA EX520 replaces the BRAVIA EX500 series that was released in early 2010. It's got all the same features and will likely have similar picture quality — it's an edge-lit LED TV using similar technology to last year's model. It doesn't have any motion smoothing (Sony calls this Motionflow), but it still has a Full HD 1080p panel.
The Sony BRAVIA EX520 will have the same Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video features as the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925 — Sony's most expensive and best BRAVIA TVs for this year. If you want to connect wirelessly, you will need to purchase a Sony-branded Wi-Fi dongle.
Sony touts an 'energy-saving Presence Sensor' among the BRAVIA EX520's list of features, so we're guessing low power consumption will be a hallmark of this model in the same way it was for the Sony BRAVIA WE5 in 2009.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Hisense Full HD TV and Refrigerator Top the List in 2017 ProductReview Awards
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTMultiple Infrastructure Engineer rolesACT
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst (Data Migration)Other
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Non ITNSW
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC