- Outstanding image quality, photos look stunning
- Poor button layout, no DVI connector, no audio
This is a brilliant display for everyday use. Although it features only an analog (VGA) input, it produces clear, sharp images.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Sony's SDM-HS95P TFT monitor is visually striking, featuring smooth curves and a graphite-toned easel stand that allows tilt adjustment. The monitor can't be raised or lowered, but it includes VESA brackets so it can be mounted to a display stand or wall.
The cable routing allows the monitor to sit on a narrow desk, and the 6kg unit takes up a paltry 44 x 42 x 15cm. The 19" screen runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 with a 12ms response time, and includes a single analog VGA input. This is a limitation, as most PCs now ship with a DVI connector, which provides a slightly higher-quality image than VGA can.
The screen is designed as a multimedia display and Sony has really hit the mark. There is outstanding image quality with even tone, contrast and colour balance across the board. Photos look stunning in an array of lighting conditions, and the screen does a great job of handling moving images.
Sony claims a viewing angle of 160 degrees both vertically and horizontally, but we found the image darkened slightly when viewed from extreme angles.
A row of hidden buttons along the bottom right-hand edge allow access to the on-screen menu. While this helps maintain the monitor's clean, sleek appearance, it makes the on-screen menu difficult to use. Thankfully, the auto configuration works well, and with it the screen is a snap to setup.
The Sony unit features ClearBright technology, which is a screen coating designed to reflect ambient light to produce a brighter, clearer image than conventional LCD technology. It works effectively, and the Sony unit produces an outstanding image.
The screen is rated to operate at a temperature between 5 and 35 degrees and it remained cool while in use for testing. The TFT panel life is rated at 50,000 hours, and the screen is covered by a three year warranty. Some buyers may lament the lack of audio and DVI connectors, but the displayed image makes up for these minor shortcomings.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTLevel 2/Level 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCCyber AnalystVIC
- FTProgram LeadSA
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCProcurement OfficerNSW
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork and Telecommunications ArchitectOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTClinical Support Specialist - PermanentQLD
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FT.Net Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2/Level 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCControl Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCProject Manager (Credit Card Disputes) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCDesktop Support / Field TechnicianWA
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC