- Outstanding image quality, photos look stunning
- Poor button layout, no DVI connector, no audio
This is a brilliant display for everyday use. Although it features only an analog (VGA) input, it produces clear, sharp images.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Sony's SDM-HS95P TFT monitor is visually striking, featuring smooth curves and a graphite-toned easel stand that allows tilt adjustment. The monitor can't be raised or lowered, but it includes VESA brackets so it can be mounted to a display stand or wall.
The cable routing allows the monitor to sit on a narrow desk, and the 6kg unit takes up a paltry 44 x 42 x 15cm. The 19" screen runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 with a 12ms response time, and includes a single analog VGA input. This is a limitation, as most PCs now ship with a DVI connector, which provides a slightly higher-quality image than VGA can.
The screen is designed as a multimedia display and Sony has really hit the mark. There is outstanding image quality with even tone, contrast and colour balance across the board. Photos look stunning in an array of lighting conditions, and the screen does a great job of handling moving images.
Sony claims a viewing angle of 160 degrees both vertically and horizontally, but we found the image darkened slightly when viewed from extreme angles.
A row of hidden buttons along the bottom right-hand edge allow access to the on-screen menu. While this helps maintain the monitor's clean, sleek appearance, it makes the on-screen menu difficult to use. Thankfully, the auto configuration works well, and with it the screen is a snap to setup.
The Sony unit features ClearBright technology, which is a screen coating designed to reflect ambient light to produce a brighter, clearer image than conventional LCD technology. It works effectively, and the Sony unit produces an outstanding image.
The screen is rated to operate at a temperature between 5 and 35 degrees and it remained cool while in use for testing. The TFT panel life is rated at 50,000 hours, and the screen is covered by a three year warranty. Some buyers may lament the lack of audio and DVI connectors, but the displayed image makes up for these minor shortcomings.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorSA
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- CCIntegration Specialist-Tibco & MulesoftNSW
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- CCCerner Senior Applications Specialist - Brisbane basedVIC