Sony Sony ACID Pro 7
A powerful pro-level DAW package.
- Extensive feature list
- Trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insists on registering your name
The fully functional demo of Sony ACID Pro 7 shows off an easy-to-use interface and the program's multitude of pro-level features.
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
Neither the feature set nor the price are for amateurs — but if you're serious about making and mixing music, this is one of the DAW programs to consider.
Coming from a loop-based (using repeating sample files to create songs) background, Sony ACID Pro 7 takes a slightly different approach from heavyweights Steinberg's Cubase and Cakewalk's Sonar which started life as MIDI sequencers.
If you're working with and recording audio snippets, you might prefer Sony ACID Pro 7. If you use MIDI and record continuous performances, you might go for one of the latter programs.
Sony ACID Pro 7's feature list is far too extensive to list here, but the major capabilities include tons of loop-based music creation editing tools, multi-track audio recording and midi sequencing (including support for VSTi virtual instruments), video tracking, multiple bus output and inline track editing. If you don't know what all those are, you might check out some less expensive music software first.
We don't like to register names more than we have to, and don't appreciate the trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insistence on performing said procedure before using the program.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - IDAMVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Manager (Business Management & PMO)Other
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- FTUI Designer | ContractOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC