Secure and Save before time runs out with Bitdefender Exclusive Clearance Offer! Get Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Now!
Sony Vegas 6 + DVD
- Big increase in render speed, support for virtually every Sony DV product, even output to Sony PSP.
- Very processor hungry compared to previous versions.
Sony's flagship video editing application is even more powerful, with better performance and more hardware support than ever before.
Price$ 919.00 (AUD)
Before Sony bought Sonic Foundry and all its video and audio editing technology three years ago, Vegas Video had a small yet extremely loyal following, with many video editors appreciating the solid performance and complete multimedia focus of the program.
Sony has continued to develop Vegas as a high end video editing solution, adding several Sony specific touches such as a stronger focus on Dolby Digital AC-3 on the audio side and output support for hardware platforms such as Sony's PSP platform.
Vegas + DVD is a complete PC-based, multitrack video-editing software package combining a streamlined interface with powerful feature-set allowing users to quickly and easily create and edit video content and output the finished project to a number of media outlets including the web, DVD or even Sony PSP systems. The program also has some of the strongest audio production tools available in an off the shelf application.
Editors can work with video of different sizes, frame rates, and formats on the same track without conversion, and render to just about any resolution. Superimpose video on multiple layers and apply key-frameable transitions including Wipes, Dissolve and Crossfades. Rotate, resize, stretch, flip, or morph a video track and preview the effect in real time.
Despite big improvements in competing video editing applications, Vegas continues to impress in the way it allows the editor to view changes natively off the timeline, without conversion or rendering. The fact that Vegas was never an Apple application is a big plus for Windows users as the interface has a strong Windows flavour.
Vegas Video is dominated by a timeline area with user definable video and audio tracks. The bottom half of the interface provides you with a choice of workspaces. The Windows-like Explorer window is a good place to start, where you can quickly find video, audio and graphic assets on your hard drive. The video monitor window on the right of the screen allows you to quickly preview the various media assets at your disposal.
Tab selection allow you to switch through various workflows with the Clip Trimmer, Media Pool (a bin showing all the clips in the project) and a Transitions Palette placed neatly behind the Explorer window ready to be brought forward when needed. These windows also have the ability to float free, which makes the desktop completely customisable depending how you want to get the job done.
The Explorer window provides information about the media assets you are working on, with details of frame size, colour depth and frame rate for videos and sample rate, bit-depth, and mono/stereo channels for audio.Once you have worked your magic with your footage and are ready to create a DVD, the DVD Architect 3 application is ready to develop the appropriate DVD menus and integrate your video to make a movie DVD.
Through the use of Vegas 6, DVD Architect 3 and the supplied AC-3 encoding software, it is possible to create compelling 5.1 multi channel surround sound movies on a home PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 5 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- Dropbox Rolls Out New AdminX Tools for Data Management
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?