Sony Computer Entertainment Genji: Days of the Blade
Great eye candy
- Good looks
- Camera issues, English language track is absolutely horrendous
While the game isn't principally bad, it doesn't take a step out of the conventional box or do anything out of the ordinary. Graphically, it's almost there but the gameplay felt like something I'd seen from multiple PS2 games in the past.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
The details, designs and colours in Genji: Days of the Blade all create an immersive and cohesive environment that is pure eye candy.
Too bad it sticks to the basic hack-and-slash, one-against-hundreds conventions that both the Onimusha and Dynasty Warriors franchises have already played out.
As I said, Days is awesome to look at. The combat animations are superb and the character movements are fast and fluid. Speaking of which, there are four different characters to play as: series vets Yoshitsune and Benkei are joined by newcomers Shizuka and Buson. Each character fills a different stereotypical niche during battle: Yoshitsune, for example, is the well-balanced one, Benkei is the basic tank with enormous power and slow speed, Shizuka is the weak but effective ranged fighter and Buson is the turtle-like defensive character.
During gameplay, you may swap characters at will, which is important because the game requires you to use each character's skills to progress through a level.
It all sounds decent enough but then you run into a pretty big problem: the camera, which was, and still remains, the biggest technical complaint about the Genji series. Yes, the graphics in Days are beautiful, but when you're being picked off by off-screen enemies because the camera is fixed at a skewed angle to show off some interesting scenery, it's hard to appreciate the view. Another big gripe: the voice acting. As is usually the case, the English language track is absolutely horrendous and should be avoided at all costs. Do yourself a favor and turn on the vastly superior Japanese language track with English subtitles.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCReporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTApplications Support SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- TPSAP S/4HANA Implementation Project Manager - FMCGVIC
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AZURE/ O365Other
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther