Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435
- Comfortable, Excellent sound quality, Basic features
- Not visually appealing, No display
The HBH-GV435 should satisfy those who need a fairly basic Bluetooth headset with excellent sound quality - both indoors and out.
Price$ 124.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 is a compact Bluetooth headset that requires just three small buttons to operate. Despite having a rather large ear hook, the HBH-GV435 is surprisingly comfortable and offers excellent sound quality.
We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort levels of the HBH-GV435, especially considering its chunky ear hook. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the HBH-GV435 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug; it sits just outside, with audio provided by a small speaker. This means you can't detach the ear hook like some other units. Despite this issue, the ear hook doesn't affect comfort levels, so you shouldn't need to worry about it.
The HBH-GV435 isn't really what we would describe as visually appealing, but thankfully it performs well. The unit has a simple black and silver design, with a Sony Ericsson logo dominating the earpiece. Once hooked over your ear (the design enables both left and right eared use) and adjusted for an optimal fit, the HBH-GV435 is quite pleasing to use with all the buttons in easily accessible places.
The minimalist controls make the GV-435 easy to operate. Unfortunately there is no display screen, but a power button, a call handling button and a volume control key are present, as well as an indicator light to let you know the status of the headset. A constant red light denotes that the unit is charging, green means it is fully charged, while a flashing green light indicates that the HBH-GV435 is currently connected to a mobile phone.
The best feature of this unit is sound quality and we were pleased to report that it functions quite well indoors. However outside was even better; despite traffic noise the quality and volume was excellent. Calls were crisp and clear with very good detail for a Bluetooth device.
Once paired, the HBH-GV435 not only enables you to send and receive calls, but you can use voice dialling tags (provided your phone supports them) and redial the last dialled phone number as well. You can also mute the headsets microphone, transfer sound from the headset to your phone and check the battery status - once again thanks to the flashing indicator lights.
According to Sony Ericsson figures, the HBH-GV435 provides eight hours talk time and 300 hours of standby time. Recharging is possible via the included AC adapter.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCAS400 Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Architect - Perm / ContractACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTMid-Level Business Analyst (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BrisbaneNSW
- FTTest ManagerOther
- FTLinux / Unix EngineerOther
- TPProject Manager - Gold CoastQLD
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCDigital Content Writer and LeadACT
- TPIT OfficerVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTO365 ConsultantOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BrisbaneACT
- FTSenior Development LeadOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProject OfficerVIC
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | Immediate StartOther
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- FTNetwork Administrator - ArubaOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile - ERPOther
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC